+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with Photo Specification

imprateek

Feb 16, 2018
Hi Guys,

Silly as it may sound, I have some confusion wrt the photo specification before submitting my PR application.

I wanted to know the meaning of this "Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)". This instruction can be found on the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

The doubt that I have is whether we need two different photographs or two copies of same photograph taken within the last 6 months ?

Thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I think you will find that link is for citizenship applications not PR. Have you checked your PR application checklist the requirements and number of photos will be stated there ? Regardless the photos should be identical taken within last 6 months

Last edited:

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Silly as it may sound, I have some confusion wrt the photo specification before submitting my PR application.

I wanted to know the meaning of this "Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)". This instruction can be found on the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

The doubt that I have is whether we need two different photographs or two copies of same photograph taken within the last 6 months ?

Thanks in advance.
It means two copies (prints) of the same photo.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It means two copies (prints) of the same photo.
The OP posted a link to the citizenship photo requirements so whilst all photos should be identical taken within previous 6 months the OP should check their own PR document checklist to confirm the requirements.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OP posted a link to the citizenship photo requirements so whilst all photos should be identical taken within previous 6 months the OP should check their own PR document checklist to confirm the requirements.
Yes and the requirement is the same for PR and most other visa applications.