+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with OINP NOI

sugathri

Nov 4, 2018
Hi,

I have got SINP ITA nomination in September 2023 when I applied directly in their PNP website. I applied by submitting the documents and paid the fee. They asked for additional documentation to be submitted by Oct 16, 2023 and I submitted. Since then, the application status is in process. Four days back, I received Ontario NOI in my Express entry profile. Can I apply for Ontario and wait and see if I get nominated by Ontario? Is it allowed to wait for SINP decision and try applying to Ontario NOI? I am confused and I don't know how much time it takes. Please suggest. Do I need to pay anything for the Ontario if I have to proceed with OINP?

Please help.
Thanks

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi,

I have got SINP ITA nomination in September 2023 when I applied directly in their PNP website. I applied by submitting the documents and paid the fee. They asked for additional documentation to be submitted by Oct 16, 2023 and I submitted. Since then, the application status is in process. Four days back, I received Ontario NOI in my Express entry profile. Can I apply for Ontario and wait and see if I get nominated by Ontario? Is it allowed to wait for SINP decision and try applying to Ontario NOI? I am confused and I don't know how much time it takes. Please suggest. Do I need to pay anything for the Ontario if I have to proceed with OINP?

Please help.
Thanks
You pay the application fee if you apply for OINP.

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
sorry to chime in
can somebody answer this as well

Member of category
(1) An eligible foreign national is a member of the category established in section 2 if they are not a member of the class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions and if they meet the following requirements:

1. within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section;
  2. during that period of work experience they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
  3. during that period of work experience they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
(2) Despite subsection (1), an eligible foreign national is not a member of the category established in section 2 if the work experience described in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c) was not accumulated within the three-year period preceding the date the officer receives their application for permanent residence.

Question 1: As per point 1 does experience in STEM CATEGORY or HEALTHCARE CATEGORY need to be gained before any of these Categories were established??
Question 2: do our experience for category based draws need to be a PRIMARY OCCUPATION for FSW'S (i.e that will mean 1 year of continuous experience in the same NOC code not 6 months which is the requirement for category based draws)