+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Need help with NOC] Construction Project Administrator Junior

VMC647

Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi All

I'm working for a construction company for more than 1 year now. My position is what is called "Construction Coordinator", but in my company it is called Project Administrator. In fact, my job offer had "Junior Project Administrator".

I saw that Construction coordinator is one of the job tiles in the NOC 0711 (Construction Managers).

I'm afraid to say my NOC is 0711 for some reasons: first, my position is an entry level one i.e. I'm not a manager per se in the sense that I have no subordinates under me. I respond to the Project manager and I help the site supervisors to coordinate with the trades and subtrades. Also, my salary does not match the salary of a manager. Finally, the name of my position has the word "administrator" which doesn't relate to a NOC 0 position.

FYI My duties and responsibilities as Junior Project Administrator are the below:
  • Support the coordination and management of projects;
  • Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates;
  • Manage budgets and expenditure;
  • Perform procurement activities including Request For Tender/Proposal;
  • Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements;
  • Generate Purchase Orders to subcontractors and vendors;
  • Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports;
  • Work with the Project Manager and Site Supervisors to eliminate blockers;
  • Request and distribute RFI’s, plans and shop drawings for construction;
  • Communicate with stakeholders regarding project needs and goals;
  • Participate in site meetings with the project manager;
  • Coordinate meetings, and taking minutes;
  • Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress;
  • Prepare reports and presentations;
  • Produce end of project documents;
  • Perform administrative duties.

I've seen some people in other threads suggesting to use NOC 1211 or 1221. But I don't think they match my duties.
So I don't really know what to do!
Your help is pretty much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Last edited: