+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with how to count family member and tax.

luofeid

Sep 17, 2015
Hello guys,

Me and my partner would like to sponsor both of our mom to immigrate to Canada under Family Sponsorship Class. Our family information as below:

1. Me and my partner are co-signer (2 people)
2. Both of our mom are married (4 people)
3. She has a younger brother at 18 (1 people)
Total 7 people.

Questions:

1. So if I'm not mistaken, do we still have to count 7 family member in the application even we don't want to sponsor both of our father?

2. Her parent is getting divorce this year, do our income still have to meet 7 member for the last 3 years or only 6 after her parent divorce?

3. How can we report our tax to meet the requirement if our actual income is not enough? By commission, or self-employed income?

Thank you for any advice in advance!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello guys,

Me and my partner would like to sponsor both of our mom to immigrate to Canada under Family Sponsorship Class. Our family information as below:

1. Me and my partner are co-signer (2 people)
2. Both of our mom are married (4 people)
3. She has a younger brother at 18 (1 people)
Total 7 people.

Questions:

1. So if I'm not mistaken, do we still have to count 7 family member in the application even we don't want to sponsor both of our father?

2. Her parent is getting divorce this year, do our income still have to meet 7 member for the last 3 years or only 6 after her parent divorce?

3. How can we report our tax to meet the requirement if our actual income is not enough? By commission, or self-employed income?

Thank you for any advice in advance!
1 & 2 - The program is closed for 2018. If your income in 2016, 2017, 2018 qualifies, you can apply to lottery in January 2019. You must submit a lottery entry to sponsor your own parents, and your partner must submit one to sponsor hers. You must both be selected in lottery, to sponsor both parents.

For your own app, if your parents are legally married or common-law, your father must be included in the app even if you don't want to sponsor him. He must also pass the medical exam.

If only one of you is selected, you may only sponsor those parents. Other parents will not be counted in family size.

If her parents get divorced before apps are submitted in 2019, her father will not be included in the app, and will not count in her family size for previous 3 years.

3 - If your income is not enough, you don't qualify. End of story. If you are suggesting making up self-employed or commission income when none actually existed, that is tax fraud and misrepresentation.