+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with ECA equivalency

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Hi, I am from Pakistan and have just completed my Masters (Masters of Sciences in Mass Communication and Media Studies). I want to know which ECA body gives me the equivalency of masters for this credential. I have checked IQAS and it is giving there:

"Master’s degree ((3+1 years) or (2+2 years)) In combination with a preceding bachelor’s degree: Generally compares to the completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree."

That worries me as I need the masters equivalency, and I am wondering whether another ECA body can grant me that equivalency.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I am from Pakistan and have just completed my Masters (Masters of Sciences in Mass Communication and Media Studies). I want to know which ECA body gives me the equivalency of masters for this credential. I have checked IQAS and it is giving there:

"Master’s degree ((3+1 years) or (2+2 years)) In combination with a preceding bachelor’s degree: Generally compares to the completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree."

That worries me as I need the masters equivalency, and I am wondering whether another ECA body can grant me that equivalency.
Try WES equivalency tool but I doubt since WES is more stringent than IQAS....
Usually the Masters from India and Pakistan gets equivalency as Bachelor's as per Canadian standards...