+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with deciding NOC code

canapp1001

Aug 12, 2017
Hi,
I would really appreciate if anyone can resolve some of the below queries:
1. Do we need to show our current job in the primary NOC or can we show a previous job?
2. What would be the most appropriate NOC code for an investment banking experience?
3. What would be the most appropriate NOC code for a Quantitative Research job involving building statistical models to give ideas for trading strategies in stock markets?
4. What difference is there in the points between a software engineer job NOC and an investment banking NOC?
5. For the date option under each NOC (either date of qualification or start of training), I can put the date I joined the job?

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Hi,
I would really appreciate if anyone can resolve some of the below queries:
1. Do we need to show our current job in the primary NOC or can we show a previous job? Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last ten years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply.
2. What would be the most appropriate NOC code for an investment banking experience? you will have to look it up by yourself and match your job duties
3. What would be the most appropriate NOC code for a Quantitative Research job involving building statistical models to give ideas for trading strategies in stock markets? same as point 2
4. What difference is there in the points between a software engineer job NOC and an investment banking NOC? No difference at all
5. For the date option under each NOC (either date of qualification or start of training), I can put the date I joined the job? The day you became qualified for that job.

canapp1001

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Just more clarity on the date option for NOC. The qualification or education requirement written in the description of investment banking like NOC is that of an MBA. Now my MBA is from ISB Hyderabad, which actually just gives a certificate and hence is not vetted by WES or any education assessment service as an MBA.
You see my dilemma here? So since it was written the day you became qualified OR the day you started on the job training, I thought it would be appropriate/better to mention the date of joining of the firm.
Any advice on that?

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Thanks a lot.
Just more clarity on the date option for NOC. The qualification or education requirement written in the description of investment banking like NOC is that of an MBA. Now my MBA is from ISB Hyderabad, which actually just gives a certificate and hence is not vetted by WES or any education assessment service as an MBA.
You see my dilemma here? So since it was written the day you became qualified OR the day you started on the job training, I thought it would be appropriate/better to mention the date of joining of the firm.
Any advice on that?
First of all, did you try and get your MBA vetted from WES?

Secondly, when you fill in your application form, it simply asks when did you become qualified for that job and which in all earnest would be the day when you completed your education which made you eligible to take that job. So, i feel you should mention the date of completion of MBA irrespective of it being approved by WES or not. Anyhow, it hardly matters and would not effect your candidature in my opinion as it is a extremely minuscule part of the application. What matters is your WES equivalency, IELTS score and the work experience.

Hope it helps.

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
Did you get your ISB credential assessed by WES? If yes, what was the report?
Thanks a lot.
Any advice on that?