+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with criminal inadmissibility question

SCMD

Jan 27, 2012
Hello,
I am wishing to apply for a family class permanent residency. However, I am deemed inadmissible to an assault charge. Does anyone know if there is any way around this, for example applying for temporary resident visa? Would there be any special compassionate exemptions if we are married, or if I had a child with my partner in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SCMD said:
Hello,
I am wishing to apply for a family class permanent residency. However, I am deemed inadmissible to an assault charge. Does anyone know if there is any way around this, for example applying for temporary resident visa? Would there be any special compassionate exemptions if we are married, or if I had a child with my partner in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You may be eligible to apply for a Temporary Resident PERMIT under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. You should get a consultation with a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant or a Canadian Immigration Lawyer. It's complicated and assessed individually.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure, but think you may need to fill out an application to be deemed as "rehabilitated" from your offence. The CIC page explaining this is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp4.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
absentgodot said:
I'm not sure, but think you may need to fill out an application to be deemed as "rehabilitated" from your offence. The CIC page explaining this is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp4.
To be "deemed rehabilitated" would require at least 10 years to have passed since the completion of the sentence. In order to apply for rehabilitation (different from being deemed rehabilitated) at least 5 years must have passed since completion of the sentence.