+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with choosing a program. Want to shift from business to science background. Please give advice.

Kabir2083

Nov 30, 2023
Hello there, I have gotten my study permit for Canada recently. I'll be studying project management in BBA . Now the thing is I want to shift from business background to Science background (Preferably Computer science). I am from Bangladesh and I was in Science during my secondary education but for many personal reason I did not take science in my Higher secondary instead studied business. I am looking for pathways in any college but havent found any. I have also heard about bridging program that lets a student take unified degrees that consist of both science and commerce. Please help me find a solution, Cant find any university or college that would work for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there, I have gotten my study permit for Canada recently. I'll be studying project management in BBA . Now the thing is I want to shift from business background to Science background (Preferably Computer science). I am from Bangladesh and I was in Science during my secondary education but for many personal reason I did not take science in my Higher secondary instead studied business. I am looking for pathways in any college but havent found any. I have also heard about bridging program that lets a student take unified degrees that consist of both science and commerce. Please help me find a solution, Cant find any university or college that would work for me.
What do you mean by not working for you? Would this be at a university or college level? You will need to apply for a new study permit if you will be changing programs and schools. There will likely be better job opportunities with many computer science degrees compared to opportunities after project management. Opportunities in Canada after project management are very dependent on your work and education history before doing the PM degree.

Kabir2083

Nov 30, 2023
What do you mean by not working for you? Would this be at a university or college level? You will need to apply for a new study permit if you will be changing programs and schools. There will likely be better job opportunities with many computer science degrees compared to opportunities after project management. Opportunities in Canada after project management are very dependent on your work and education history before doing the PM degree.
This will be at a university level. I dont want to apply for another visa . I will study one semester here in Canada then change my DLI. I know computer science will lead to better career that's why I want change it.