+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help!! what to do if HR wants to use their own template for job ref.

meme6868

Nov 6, 2015
hi everyone, i have some questions regarding the job reference letter.
1. An HR from my spouse's previous company doesn't want to change their template for job reference letter. Instead, the HR provided the copy of contract which includes the missing information. Can I submit both documents to meet the CIC requirement? Or all the required information should be included in ONE reference letter.
2. My spouse's work experience was pretty short, and didn't gain any points in the FSW application. Is it normal that her job reference letter is required??
3. Can I put internship experience under Education/Organization? Will CIC ask us to provide reference letter for our internship?

Thanks in advance!!!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
meme6868 said:
hi everyone, i have some questions regarding the job reference letter.
1. An HR from my spouse's previous company doesn't want to change their template for job reference letter. Instead, the HR provided the copy of contract which includes the missing information. Can I submit both documents to meet the CIC requirement? Or all the required information should be included in ONE reference letter.
2. My spouse's work experience was pretty short, and didn't gain any points in the FSW application. Is it normal that her job reference letter is required??
3. Can I put internship experience under Education/Organization? Will CIC ask us to provide reference letter for our internship?

Thanks in advance!!!
1. Any format is fine as long as all the necessary information is on there. CIC does not care about what template or format is used.

2. If you don't wish to furnish documentation for any period of employment, add it to your Personal History instead of your Employment History. Doing so also means you don't get points for that employment, but that does not seem to be a problem here.

3. Like I said, you can put that in Personal History if you are not claiming points for it. Doing so means you don't have to furnish documentation for it.

meme6868

Nov 6, 2015
Thank you for your quick reply, Aragorn165.
the template provided by the HR doesn't include main responsibilities in the position and annual leave. But the HR said I can find those info in the contract she sent me. Can I still use her template??

Aragorn165 said:
1. Any format is fine as long as all the necessary information is on there. CIC does not care about what template or format is used.

2. If you don't wish to furnish documentation for any period of employment, add it to your Personal History instead of your Employment History. Doing so also means you don't get points for that employment, but that does not seem to be a problem here.

3. Like I said, you can put that in Personal History if you are not claiming points for it. Doing so means you don't have to furnish documentation for it.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
meme6868 said:
Thank you for your quick reply, Aragorn165.
the template provided by the HR doesn't include main responsibilities in the position and annual leave. But the HR said I can find those info in the contract she sent me. Can I still use her template??
In this case, when you apply, attach the reference letter from your HR, as well as the contract that you were sent. Attach a Letter of Explanation stating that the company's policy precludes any reference letters in any format other than the one they already use- so you are furnishing the contract, in addition to the reference letter (and any other documents, like payslips, that you may be furnishing) as a supporting document to provide the full picture regarding your employment.
There shouldn't be any problems, loads of other people have used supporting documents to substantiate their claims regarding their employment when their employers have been unable or unwilling to give them the kind of documentation that CIC mandates.

meme6868

Nov 6, 2015
Thanks so muchhh!! i decided to put it under personal history to avoid any inconvenience.

Aragorn165 said:
In this case, when you apply, attach the reference letter from your HR, as well as the contract that you were sent. Attach a Letter of Explanation stating that the company's policy precludes any reference letters in any format other than the one they already use- so you are furnishing the contract, in addition to the reference letter (and any other documents, like payslips, that you may be furnishing) as a supporting document to provide the full picture regarding your employment.
There shouldn't be any problems, loads of other people have used supporting documents to substantiate their claims regarding their employment when their employers have been unable or unwilling to give them the kind of documentation that CIC mandates.