NEED HELP! VISA EXPIRED while PR+OPW ongoing process

Cassy31

Jan 4, 2020
Dear friends,

I arrived canada feb 2 , 2018
Kiosk entry valid 6 months visa will expired August
We submit our PR+ WP June2
AOR received July 9 ,2018
Work permit returned August REASON insufficient fund i pay only $155 -- added $100
Received WP - AOR sept 25
Now got a letter from them

This letter refers to your application for an Open Work Permit.
Qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class may be issued an open work permit if they meet eligibility requirements.
As a Foreign National in Canada who currently does not have valid temporary resident status, you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the latter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you.

Any idea about this?
Do i have to extend my visa while I'am waiting for PR decision/ does it help to maintain a legal status while waiting for PR decision
Very stress cant sleep
DONE with medical
Background check in process

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear friends,

Work permit returned August REASON insufficient fund i pay only $155 -- added $100

Qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class may be issued an open work permit if they meet eligibility requirements.
As a Foreign National in Canada who currently does not have valid temporary resident status, you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the latter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you.

Any idea about this?
Do i have to extend my visa while I'am waiting for PR decision/ does it help to maintain a legal status while waiting for PR decision
Very stress cant sleep
DONE with medical
When your OWP app was returned, you were out of status. There is nothing you can do at this point to fix that.

Reactions: scylla

Lestad_01

Aug 12, 2019
Dear friends,

Any idea about this?
Very stress cant sleep
DONE with medical
Were you be able to link your OWP application? Do you have an application number?

Cassy31

Jan 4, 2020
I was able to link both of the OPW+PR in my hubbys gc key
My worries is my visa expired , does it affect my PR application? They got my AOR before my visa expired and its almost 4 months now . At the moment my update for PR is background check on process

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was able to link both of the OPW+PR in my hubbys gc key
My worries is my visa expired , does it affect my PR application? They got my AOR before my visa expired and its almost 4 months now . At the moment my update for PR is background check on process
It won't affect the PR app.