Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
Okay so recently I was able to acquire our UCI and Application number thanks to a CIC agent. We have a lawyer and we werent able to acquire it from her, strangely enough and its infuriating.

ACCORDING to our lawyer, she submitted our files August. No dates, just the month of August. So last month i successfully can see our "progress" online through ECAS without our lawyer knowing we already have our UCI. I'd like to know what these means, please!

SPONSORSHIP: Decision Made
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXX on February 12, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on March 23, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 28, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
PERMANENT RESIDENCE: In Process
  1. We received XXXXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent XXXXXXXXXXX medical instructions on May 31, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I'd like to know what the no.1 in sponsorship means? They just received our application even though we submitted in August? What does the Decision Made AND In Process mean? THANK YOU!!

Im asking help here cause our lawyer is barely helpful.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
One thing I can say, is that it doesn't look like your application was received by IRCC in August, 2017. Looks like it was received in February, 2018.

You made a post on the 3rd of February about your lawyer asking for photos. It is likely that that's around the time she was finalising your package for transmission to IRCC.

Fire your lawyer. Lying to a client is gross professional misconduct.

Last edited:

cw7585

May 31, 2018
I agree with Forte. We applied by mail from the other side of the world in February and the time to get into their system was a few weeks, not months. You may want to have a serious conversation with your lawyer.

Reactions: caoroux

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
It looks to me like she did not want you guys knowing your UCI or Application # because you would find out that she lied about submitting in August! It would NOT take months for the application to arrive at CPC! From August to February - I am shocked!
Had you guys not given photos already in August?
I would be sooo pissed if I were you guys... Your PR could have been done by now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay so recently I was able to acquire our UCI and Application number thanks to a CIC agent. We have a lawyer and we werent able to acquire it from her, strangely enough and its infuriating.

ACCORDING to our lawyer, she submitted our files August. No dates, just the month of August. So last month i successfully can see our "progress" online through ECAS without our lawyer knowing we already have our UCI. I'd like to know what these means, please!

SPONSORSHIP: Decision Made
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXX on February 12, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on March 23, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 28, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
PERMANENT RESIDENCE: In Process
  1. We received XXXXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on February 12, 2018.
  2. We sent XXXXXXXXXXX medical instructions on May 31, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I'd like to know what the no.1 in sponsorship means? They just received our application even though we submitted in August? What does the Decision Made AND In Process mean? THANK YOU!!

Im asking help here cause our lawyer is barely helpful.
Your app was not submitted in August. Fire your lawyer and file a formal complaint. Send IRCC an IMM5476 ASAP to remove her as the representative on your file. Also, request your GCMS notes.

Decision Made for Sponsorship means that you have been approved as a sponsor.

In Process for PR means that the applicant portion of the app is now being processed.

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Lawyers take thousands of dollars - you should definitely do something about this if the situation is really as it seems. That's really not right what she did!
Is it possible she submitted the application in August and they returned it requesting more proof/photos?

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
One thing I can say, is that it doesn't look like your application was received by IRCC in August, 2017. Looks like it was received in February, 2018.

You made a post on the 3rd of February about your lawyer asking for photos. It is likely that that's around the time she was finalising your package for transmission to IRCC.

Fire your lawyer. Lying to a client is gross professional misconduct.
We have been long suspicious about her service because i have been following this forums for awhile since August or September. And i have seen a LOT of people getting Sponsor Approvals in a month or two and we havent till recently. I can't even Sign up myself to a GC Key because I may be putting the information of our application since I have never seen our sent application.

Anyway, for some reason, our 1st payment was taken away by IRCC though on november 11. So it makes me think she did send it before February?

It's been a headache dealing with her but were hoping we're almost done at least... and its good to know something is happening. We paid too much money and we just want this to end. And would love to know we're close to being done :( :( :(

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
We have been long suspicious about her service because i have been following this forums for awhile since August or September. And i have seen a LOT of people getting Sponsor Approvals in a month or two and we havent till recently. I can't even Sign up myself to a GC Key because I may be putting the information of our application since I have never seen our sent application.

Anyway, for some reason, our 1st payment was taken away by IRCC though on november 11. So it makes me think she did send it before February?

It's been a headache dealing with her but were hoping we're almost done at least... and its good to know something is happening. We paid too much money and we just want this to end. And would love to know we're close to being done :( :( :(
You can't link you account on Gckey if you have a representative. Did you give her your bank/credit card details in order for her to make the payment?

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
It looks to me like she did not want you guys knowing your UCI or Application # because you would find out that she lied about submitting in August! It would NOT take months for the application to arrive at CPC! From August to February - I am shocked!
Had you guys not given photos already in August?
I would be sooo pissed if I were you guys... Your PR could have been done by now.
That's what I have been suspecting from the very beginning! On my previous response to a member, Ive been following this forum so it has been suspicious that we havent heard anything from IRCC till 5th month.

We have submitted photos as proof of our relationship. But not the passport like photos of me, the applicant.

Responding to your other response, I am also assuming the application was returned and just recently been successfully completed. But I wont know till our lawyer response to us with proper answers, hopefully. She always seems to like going around the bush.

Your app was not submitted in August. Fire your lawyer and file a formal complaint. Send IRCC an IMM5476 ASAP to remove her as the representative on your file. Also, request your GCMS notes.

Decision Made for Sponsorship means that you have been approved as a sponsor.

In Process for PR means that the applicant portion of the app is now being processed.
Thank you for your information!

We've considered so many times to file but she was able to convince us that our file was being processed. We just got tired of asking for proof and the amount of money we paid, we just dont want too much hassle anymore.. we just want it done. We're almost a year in this application to back out. :(

We would definitely complain to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) after its finally done.

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
You can't link you account on Gckey if you have a representative. Did you give her your bank/credit card details in order for her to make the payment?
Darn. I knew it.

Yes, I did. And i forgot to mention that we mistakenly submitted a DEBIT card information and it got rejected by IRCC, that we had to resubmit our credit card details again. Im wondering if it's a possibility it got "delayed" because of this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Darn. I knew it.

Yes, I did. And i forgot to mention that we mistakenly submitted a DEBIT card information and it got rejected by IRCC, that we had to resubmit our credit card details again. Im wondering if it's a possibility it got "delayed" because of this.
Processing of the app wouldn't have been delayed by this, as the payment needs to be made BEFORE the app is submitted.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We've considered so many times to file but she was able to convince us that our file was being processed. We just got tired of asking for proof and the amount of money we paid, we just dont want too much hassle anymore.. we just want it done. We're almost a year in this application to back out. :(

We would definitely complain to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) after its finally done.
Removing her as your rep won't do anything to the app except put you in control of it. Do this ASAP.

Skip the BBB. You need to file a formal complaint with the law society in your province. Once you have your GCMS notes, you can see exactly when your app was submitted. If you have proof of her saying the app was submitted in August, confront her (and her partners/boss if she works for a law firm) with the GCMS notes proving otherwise and demand a FULL refund.

Reactions: caoroux and Ayat

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Removing her as your rep won't do anything to the app except put you in control of it. Do this ASAP.

Skip the BBB. You need to file a formal complaint with the law society in your province. Once you have your GCMS notes, you can see exactly when your app was submitted. If you have proof of her saying the app was submitted in August, confront her (and her partners/boss if she works for a law firm) with the GCMS notes proving otherwise and demand a FULL refund.
Do as this person says! Not fair for you two to lose out on so much money & time and deal with all that frustration! Hope it works out!

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
Processing of the app wouldn't have been delayed by this, as the payment needs to be made BEFORE the app is submitted.
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for that important detail. Everything makes sense now.

We contacted the IRCC agent again today and it was very clear that the lawyer hasn’t sent our application till recently because it’s impossible to be in the mail for 6 months. And the fact that the payment was done on November but the application was sent on February.

I’d like to know what GCMS notes mean? And how? Do I ask it from IRCC or from my lawyer. Thank you so much for your replies. I can’t believe we ended up waiting this long and it’s been 10 months already...

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
Do as this person says! Not fair for you two to lose out on so much money & time and deal with all that frustration! Hope it works out!
Thank you. I wish us luck after all this time. :( We will have to end up doing it sadly I figured out late. Apparently, too, according to the IRCC agent, our lawyer was requested immediately to connect our file online on March and she hasn’t done it yet.

Doing it ourselves would seem to be definitely faster even if we’ve spent longer time waiting than we should..