+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help/suggestions on my situation :/

tejas_2001

Oct 20, 2022
Here is my timeline, please guide me on what should I do in this situation.

Application submitted: 13th august, 2022
Biometrics updated: 17th august, 2022
Medical updated: 3rd october, 2022
Category: SDS from India
Intake: January 2023
The review has not begun yet and no update after the medical, I have already crossed the normal processing time which was 13 weeks now been reduced to 12 weeks. (On the 104th day today from the day I filed my visa)
Raised the first webform on 17/11/2022 and got only an automated reply.

My consultant is suggesting to again apply without withdrawing the previous file because according to him my file is stuck/missed and I won't be able to get my decision before my session starts. While now October/November SDS applicants are getting their results in one month, so if I apply again this week, I would get it just in time. I applied for Jan 2023 intake and the last date to which I can wait is 13th January. So should I take the risk and file again or wait with the same file?

Anyone who has done the same? Will they be clearing the backlog files in December or any time soon? I have very less hope now and am very confused about what should I do.

Defer is not an option for me, because now I will only be getting Fall 2023 intake which would get too late.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Reactions: poutinebuble

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
some people are still waiting and they applied in May, I would not submit another application for August applicant. raise a webform and if you need a new app then withdraw first. At this point you only need to be patient

tejas_2001

Oct 20, 2022
some people are still waiting and they applied in May, I would not submit another application for August applicant. raise a webform and if you need a new app then withdraw first. At this point you only need to be patient
okay, then I think I would have to wait, there isn't any other option left for me.

poutinebuble

Sep 14, 2022
Here is my timeline, please guide me on what should I do in this situation.

Application submitted: 13th august, 2022
Biometrics updated: 17th august, 2022
Medical updated: 3rd october, 2022
Category: SDS from India
Intake: January 2023
The review has not begun yet and no update after the medical, I have already crossed the normal processing time which was 13 weeks now been reduced to 12 weeks. (On the 104th day today from the day I filed my visa)
Raised the first webform on 17/11/2022 and got only an automated reply.

My consultant is suggesting to again apply without withdrawing the previous file because according to him my file is stuck/missed and I won't be able to get my decision before my session starts. While now October/November SDS applicants are getting their results in one month, so if I apply again this week, I would get it just in time. I applied for Jan 2023 intake and the last date to which I can wait is 13th January. So should I take the risk and file again or wait with the same file?

Anyone who has done the same? Will they be clearing the backlog files in December or any time soon? I have very less hope now and am very confused about what should I do.

Defer is not an option for me, because now I will only be getting Fall 2023 intake which would get too late.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
Hey, my timeline is very similar to yours and my file hasn't been updated since Sept 13th when I'd received the BVL and the review had started. I haven't seen anyone have such a long delay after being issued BVL, so I'd considered withdrawing and reapplying but at this point it seems risky, I could still be late.

I've raised webforms with my deferred LoA and Scholarship Letter in late Sept and just got correspondence 2 days ago that it has been added to my application.

I raised a couple more webforms and complaint forms after the 13 week mark but I doubt they're gonna respond. I've also been calling IRCC via virtual sim in hopes that they would connect me to an agent but only the automated service works and they hang up from their end after saying that their agents are unavailable.

I'm dreading another deferral and I'm not sure I'd even get one. I'd been advised by someone here on this forum to order GCMS notes from CBSA but that would take long too and I doubt it would speed up the process.

Seems like we're just stranded now. :(

Reactions: tejas_2001

poutinebuble

Sep 14, 2022
Also I don't think they allow applicants to lodge another application while one is still processing :/ So you'd have to withdraw and reapply and everything is so uncertain with IRCC.

Reactions: tejas_2001

tejas_2001

Oct 20, 2022
Hey, my timeline is very similar to yours and my file hasn't been updated since Sept 13th when I'd received the BVL and the review had started. I haven't seen anyone have such a long delay after being issued BVL, so I'd considered withdrawing and reapplying but at this point it seems risky, I could still be late.

I've raised webforms with my deferred LoA and Scholarship Letter in late Sept and just got correspondence 2 days ago that it has been added to my application.

I raised a couple more webforms and complaint forms after the 13 week mark but I doubt they're gonna respond. I've also been calling IRCC via virtual sim in hopes that they would connect me to an agent but only the automated service works and they hang up from their end after saying that their agents are unavailable.

I'm dreading another deferral and I'm not sure I'd even get one. I'd been advised by someone here on this forum to order GCMS notes from CBSA but that would take long too and I doubt it would speed up the process.

Seems like we're just stranded now. :(
Hello, I think we have no options left besides waiting for the decision. I must say contacting them is a tough task almost impossible. They don't respond to emails, webforms, and calls also don't connect to the agent.

All of my friends have gotten their visas, some even applied after I got their decision, I am the only one facing this situation IDK why.

I hope we get it in time and before the intake starts. I don't want to defer my intake :(

Best of luck!