+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help:Study permit waiting for 70 days,how to speed up?

Ansonwu

Jan 27, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm an applicant from China.

I have submitted my study permit (SDS) on Nov.8.2019, which is almost 3 months right now.
During the waiting period, I was asked to provide an additional form to the CIC on Nov.12:
>Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature
I uploaded this form to the CIC website two days after the requirement.

After I uploaded the additional document, there is no update from CIC.
I tried to send some webform to the CIC, but only got a general response(being process...document are complete)

Does anyone know why they process so long? and how to contact CIC by phone or email (outside Canada)?
I hope to talk to the agent directly and ask them about my application status.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate your reply.

Ansonwu

Jan 27, 2020
By the way,
I'm applying for the study permit to Newfoundland and Labrador province.
Does anyone know where the study permit is being processed? Inside Canada(CIC Edmonton& Ottawa)? or outside Canada(like the Canada embassy)?

thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my study permit (SDS) on Nov.8.2019, which is almost 3 months right now.
During the waiting period, I was asked to provide an additional form to the CIC on Nov.12:
>Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature

I tried to send some webform to the CIC, but only got a general response(being process...document are complete)

Does anyone know why they process so long? and how to contact CIC by phone or email (outside Canada)?

There is no way to speed up the process. As per the Webform response, it's in process and you just need to wait.

afnansadid

Jan 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

Have u passed medical?? Mine is same as u. applied on 13th November. Just passed the medical on 22 January. Its really frustrating bro.

Ansonwu

Jan 27, 2020
Have u passed medical?? Mine is same as u. applied on 13th November. Just passed the medical on 22 January. Its really frustrating bro.
Yes, I received the notification about medical passed near 1 month after I submitted my application.
But no any update after that....still waiting...

Ansonwu

Jan 27, 2020
Just got another email from CIC(reply of a web form):
They said that if I don't receive any update or decision, I can contact them by sending another webform...

Does anyone receive a reply like this before? is it good news or just another general reply?
Thanks!

Ansonwu

Jan 27, 2020
Hello guys,

I just checked the CIC website, the application status is "Application/profile updated" but nothing has changed in detail.
After logged out and signed in again, the status was back to "Submitted".

If you guys can share some info on that it would be very helpful.

Thanks!