+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** Need Help - Spouse Visa - Reference Letter *****

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi Sir/Madam,

We are going to provide the reference letter to support the application as additional proof. One reason is that my father in law was not present at the time of the wedding as my husband is from a higher caste than mine.

However, his mother and grandmother are ready to provide the reference letter but they both can't write in English.
Can I wrote the letter in word file and they will sign it? will it work?

Or is there any other way we can provide a reference letter who has less knowledge about English??

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Sir/Madam,

We are going to provide the reference letter to support the application as additional proof. One reason is that my father in law was not present at the time of the wedding as my husband is from a higher caste than mine.

However, his mother and grandmother are ready to provide the reference letter but they both can't write in English.

Or is there any other way we can provide a reference letter who has less knowledge about English??

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha
Do not write letters for them. Have them write the letters and then translate them yourself.

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Can you please guide us how can I translate into English?
How about their signature on the English document?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can you please guide us how can I translate into English?
How about their signature on the English document?
You read their letter and write it out in English.

They don't sign the English one, just the original.

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Okay so when we attach in our application, we have to include both letters in English and mother language?

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi Sir/Madam,

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha
I believe you have to have anything in another language officially translated by a certified translator. I do not think that your translation would hold up.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I believe you have to have anything in another language officially translated by a certified translator. I do not think that your translation would hold up.
Formal translations are needed for official documents and anything specified as needing to be formally translated, such as chats. The letters can be done themselves.