+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need HELP!! Spouse Sponsorhip Application "Refused" (APPEAL OR RE-APPLY??)

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
sweet_ivy32 said:
Guys, can you please give me an insight regarding the info on the ecas..
What does it mean???? Pls.help...tnx!

Permanent residence

We received your application last jan25, 2015
We started processing your application last April 20, 2015
We send you a letter last august 27, 2015
First if you apply via a lawyer, you need to ask your lawyer if he/she receive any email from the VO and if that is not the case, check your email inbox, spam folder to see if there any email from the VO, until you get this email letter to know the content before you can know what the VO is saying, l hope this help.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
I am sorry for your rejection.

If I were you I would first appeal. Please take into consideration that you have only 30 days for appeal. There is no fee for it. You can withdraw your appeal at any time if you decide so.

In regards to your appeal you might see two possible outcomes:

First - you might get an invitation for ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution)-informal meeting with representative of Immigration Appeal Division and CIC officer. If you are lucky, your case will be sent back to local VO to proceed further with your sponsorship application.
If not, you will face the second alternative outcome - CIC officer might recommend to submit your case to court. Please be aware that if you do not win the process in court, you will loose your ability to sponsor your spouse, as court decision is final.

Instead of going to court you could withdraw your appeal and then re-apply. Make sure that your second case will be different from the first one (you should provide different evidence, as previous was not enough to consider your application). If the first time you have proofs like phone conversations, visits, etc. , the second time you should base on different evidences proving your relationship, for instance proof that you live together, letters from your friends and relatives confirming that your marriage is genuine, money transfers, joint business, etc.

When you appeal, CIC must provide you with copy of your case, where you will see all comments made by immigration officer. You can then ask a lawyer for recommendations based on comments and then you can decide what to do. Good Luck!

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am 30 years old Pakistani working here in Abu Dhabi , my wife who is sponsor has be refused due to residing out of Canada . she submitted the application on 1 may 2015 , we get sponsor approval letter on 13 July 2015 decision made that she is eligible to sponsor me. she was 6 months pregnant so she travel back to UAE because of her illness . we received letter from stating that we refused your eligibility because your are not residing after submitting the sponsorship application.
Our Lawyer is recommending us dont not appeal , just re apply

Please advise us

Reactions: Fakhira

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
imran364 said:
i am 30 years old Pakistani working here in Abu Dhabi , my wife who is sponsor has be refused due to residing out of Canada . she submitted the application on 1 may 2015 , we get sponsor approval letter on 13 July 2015 decision made that she is eligible to sponsor me. she was 6 months pregnant so she travel back to UAE because of her illness . we received letter from stating that we refused your eligibility because your are not residing after submitting the sponsorship application.
Our Lawyer is recommending us dont not appeal , just re apply

Please advise us
Is your wife a PR? If so, then you were correctly refused. She needs to be living in Canada to sponsor you. In that case your lawyer is correct and there is no point appealing. You should reapply once your wife has returned to Canada permanently.

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes she is PR holder .
After how many day i Can Re-Apply ?
London Visa office has issued UCI no for me . My all previous record will be discarded & it would be from scratch ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
imran364 said:
yes she is PR holder .
After how many day i Can Re-Apply ?
London Visa office has issued UCI no for me . My all previous record will be discarded & it would be from scratch ?
You can reapply immediately. But again, make sure your wife returns to Canada first and stays there.

Yes - you will have to complete all of the paperwork again from scratch.

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
irvah said:
I am sorry for your rejection.

If I were you I would first appeal. Please take into consideration that you have only 30 days for appeal. There is no fee for it. You can withdraw your appeal at any time if you decide so.

In regards to your appeal you might see two possible outcomes:

First - you might get an invitation for ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution)-informal meeting with representative of Immigration Appeal Division and CIC officer. If you are lucky, your case will be sent back to local VO to proceed further with your sponsorship application.
If not, you will face the second alternative outcome - CIC officer might recommend to submit your case to court. Please be aware that if you do not win the process in court, you will loose your ability to sponsor your spouse, as court decision is final.

Instead of going to court you could withdraw your appeal and then re-apply. Make sure that your second case will be different from the first one (you should provide different evidence, as previous was not enough to consider your application). If the first time you have proofs like phone conversations, visits, etc. , the second time you should base on different evidences proving your relationship, for instance proof that you live together, letters from your friends and relatives confirming that your marriage is genuine, money transfers, joint business, etc.

When you appeal, CIC must provide you with copy of your case, where you will see all comments made by immigration officer. You can then ask a lawyer for recommendations based on comments and then you can decide what to do. Good Luck!
Thanx for information

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sweet_ivy32 said:
Guys, can you please give me an insight regarding the info on the ecas..
What does it mean???? Pls.help...tnx!

Permanent residence

We received your application last jan25, 2015
We started processing your application last April 20, 2015
We send you a letter last august 27, 2015
it looks like the applicant was sent a letter (or most likely an email) back in August 2015. No one can tell you what was in that letter, so hopefully the applicant received something last year about their application (perhaps some sort of document or passport request). if not, then it's advised to order the GCMS notes to see what information is in the file and go from there.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I don't quite understand the interview stage.

True love indicated they had interview with the officer with both wife and husband or sponsor and principal applicant. I thought the interview is only for the principal applicant. How can the sponsor be there too? If my wife now lives in Venezuela and she recieves interview stage. Where exactly is she going to have the interview at? She lives in a tiny island called Margarita Island. Does she need to fly to Caracas capital city for interview? If so am I allowed to go or need to go to interview with my wife? I plan to see my wife after I submit the application because I,have not seen my in laws yet and same with my wife too have not seen my parents Like to see them and gather more proof to make case stronger and genuine to the officer. And who exactly is the officer? Is he someone from Canada that actually travels all the way to Caracas Venezuela, dangerous country now which he has no clue where he's going. Where the interview usually held? I think most applications from south america are held in mexico city. Do you think my wife needs to fly there? My gosh this process is getting more confusing and I haven't even submitted it yet. So much questions in my head.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
calvinw06 said:

True love indicated they had interview with the officer with both wife and husband or sponsor and principal applicant. I thought the interview is only for the principal applicant. How can the sponsor be there too? If my wife now lives in Venezuela and she recieves interview stage. Where exactly is she going to have the interview at? She lives in a tiny island called Margarita Island. Does she need to fly to Caracas capital city for interview? If so am I allowed to go or need to go to interview with my wife? I plan to see my wife after I submit the application because I,have not seen my in laws yet and same with my wife too have not seen my parents Like to see them and gather more proof to make case stronger and genuine to the officer. And who exactly is the officer? Is he someone from Canada that actually travels all the way to Caracas Venezuela, dangerous country now which he has no clue where he's going. Where the interview usually held? I think most applications from south america are held in mexico city. Do you think my wife needs to fly there? My gosh this process is getting more confusing and I haven't even submitted it yet. So much questions in my head.
Hope someone can inform me above?

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinw06 said:
I have successfully helped people with good advice before gooing into an interview.
Hera are some of my tips:
Do not prepare, just try to be honest.
Do not bring tons of paperwork.
Try to be honest, and lie as little as possible.
If you must lie, try to be convincing.
Try not to get nervous.
Good Luck

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
calvinw06 said:
hi,
it is impossible to determine how interviews are chosen, except for the obvious relationship, dependant or criminal issues that can come up.

I'd imagine IRCC expects the sponsor to be at the interview? it is assumed the couple will do what's needed to be approved, even if that means traveling hours and spending $$$ to show up for an interview.

the interview will most likely be held at the canadian embassy or visa office in your wife's home country and the interview is held by visa officers who work at that visa office. i am not sure what happens when the application is being processed in neighboring country, though i'd suspect it would be expected for the applicant to go there for the interview. the interview request letter will have all the information about where and when the interview is held. it is highly unlikely an officer will fly in from canada just to interview an applicant. Canadian embassies and visa offices around the world have canadians working there full time for this purpose. they are usually acquainted with local customs and laws.

if you haven't even submitted your application yet, then there's really no reason to stress yourself out about an interview that may not even happen. for the most part, if an application is strong, can clearly show an ongoing relationship known to family and friends, and there are no dependant or criminal issues, there is no need for an interview. the majority of applicants are waived interviews.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinw06 said:

She will have to fly to mexico.
No, you can't come along.
Yes, Venezuela is Dangerous country, and Canadians are advised not to travel there.
If you have not met your in-laws, your application will likely be rejected.

Read my other tips for the interview.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
jeffporfirio1 said:
Try to be honest, and lie as little as possible.
If you must lie, try to be convincing.
Don't lie at all.

If you're thinking about lying, remember that can not only end your application, but ban you from Canada. Don't lie.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcboundboy said:
Don't lie at all.

If you're thinking about lying, remember that can not only end your application, but ban you from Canada. Don't lie.
Correct.
But please remember to follow old Russian adage "What they don't know, won't hurt them"
Good luck