+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help - Spousal PR (outand)

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hello,

I’m a permanent Resident. I want to sponsor my husband from India.
We did marriage but my in laws did not attend any events.

What we explain - why our parents did not attend the marriage?

Thank you,
Nisha Patel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I’m a permanent Resident. I want to sponsor my husband from India.
We did marriage but my in laws did not attend any events.

What we explain - why our parents did not attend the marriage?

Thank you,
Nisha Patel
Is there a reason why his parents did not attend the wedding? The truth is the best answer? Was other friends or family there? Were your family there? Did you have a religious/culturally appropriate wedding or civil wedding?

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Yes there is a reason. My father in law was not happy with our decision of getting married. He has not attended any events. However, except for him, all the family members were there in the wedding and we have captured pictures as well. We had religions wedding with all the rituals.

What should I enter a reason why my father in law did not attend the wedding?
If we tell them the truth saying we married against him, will it cause any issue in our application?

Please help us.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes there is a reason. My father in law was not happy with our decision of getting married. He has not attended any events. However, except for him, all the family members were there in the wedding and we have captured pictures as well. We had religions wedding with all the rituals.

What should I enter a reason why my father in law did not attend the wedding?
If we tell them the truth saying we married against him, will it cause any issue in our application?

Please help us.
You should be honest. It is a valid reason. No it will not create an issue.

Reactions: DiiDii

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
You should be truthful, that is the answer. No one is going to tell you to lie. That would be fraudulent, when you sign the form you acknowledge that you have provided them with truthful answers.

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Definitely, we are going to give the true answer but my concern did CIC care if one of the family members does not come to the Wedding or not.