+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding work permit

samadniazi

Apr 21, 2022
Hi,
I am a newbie here, i need good advices from kind members here, can i get a work permit of canada from outside,
I am from Pakistan, i am working as a driver in PAKISTAN CUSTOMS since 2016,my education is 12th grade, i have also applied for visitor/tourist visa, someone told me that come on visit visa and get driving license in ontario after that search for light duty driver NOC 7514 job with lmia. Is that true?

Kindly let me know if there is any way to get a job in canada ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No i was saying if i come on visit visa and get g license after that get a job offer with lmia .. then there is any chance?
There is always some chance. But it is generally difficult to find employers who are willing to go through the LMIA process.

Make sure you are prepared to be in Canada for at least 8 months without working (i.e. have enough savings to cover your expenses for a minimum of 8 months, knowing that Canada is an expensive country).

Also be prepared for the fact that you may not be successful and may need to return to your home country without securing a work permit in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No i was saying if i come on visit visa and get g license after that get a job offer with lmia .. then there is any chance?
If you have a LMIA, then you apply for a closed work permit. A G license doesn’t allow you to drive trucks. You need an Class A license (Ontario).

Reactions: scylla

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
I think you will struggle to get an LMIA as you (or your employer) need to prove that you are not depriving a local of a job. Getting a G License is not a very high bar