+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding visit visa and inland spousal sponsorship situation- urgent

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hi,

i wanted to ask if we apply for a visitor’s visa before getting married, Once we get it. Go back to our countries get married and return together to Canada and apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Is it possible?

one of the spouses is PR while other isn’t and will get a visit visa to enter after getting married.
Thank you.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,

i wanted to ask if we apply for a visitor’s visa before getting married, Once we get it. Go back to our countries get married and return together to Canada and apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Is it possible?

one of the spouses is PR while other isn’t and will get a visit visa to enter after getting married.
Thank you.
Your chances to get a visitor visa are better before marriage, so yeah you can try that.

Reactions: Maddy612

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Your chances to get a visitor visa are better before marriage, so yeah you can try that.
Thank you so much for your response. Do you have any idea about the possibility that we can then apply for inland spousal sponsorship once he is in Canada on a Visitor Visa? right?

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
When I submitted my application my lawyer sent in a TRV application a few days after my application & stated that I submitted my inland spousal sponsorship application & I got a TRV approval about three months later than an owp nine months after we send in the application as that was the covid 2020 year than finally became a PR this October. So if Sent in with the right info unless things changed in the last two years very likely to get TRV

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
When I submitted my application my lawyer sent in a TRV application a few days after my application & stated that I submitted my inland spousal sponsorship application & I got a TRV approval about three months later than an owp nine months after we send in the application as that was the covid 2020 year than finally became a PR this October. So if Sent in with the right info unless things changed in the last two years very likely to get TRV
Do you know in detail what information your lawyer included in the TRV application? Especially about supporting documents and the reason for the visit. This would be very helpful to others, thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That makes no sense. How did you apply for inland sponsorship with an OWP if you weren’t in Canada?

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
To Canuck 78 I was in Canada. I misread the question sorry. They would be better to get married stay in Canada send in the application than apply for a trv

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
To Maddy 612 it would be better if you come to Canada after marriage than apply for inland sponsorship, OWP & only apply for the TRV once your application is sent in

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To Maddy 612 it would be better if you come to Canada after marriage than apply for inland sponsorship, OWP & only apply for the TRV once your application is sent in
Think their o table is getting the TRV. That will dictate whether they can apply inland or outland.