+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP REGARDING VIRTUAL INTERVIEW INSTRUCTIONS

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hello Folks,

I have received an interview request with a CIC official. I have few questions regarding the instructions I received and seeking some help from those who have already attended the interview.

CIC asked me to submit a colour photocopy of every page, including blank pages. Can I use the apps like Adobe Scan or Cam scanner, scan all the pages, create a PDF, and send it to CIC?

Also, Can I send all my documents in one email, including the consent form, or does it have to be a separate email?

Thank you

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Another question if anyone can help.

I went to China and stayed less than 24 hours. I have stamps in my passport, so one stamp for entering China, one stamp for exiting China.
It has the dates in Western numbers, the word CHINA written in English, and the rest are in the Chinese language.

Will I have to get translations for the stamps?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Another question if anyone can help.

I went to China and stayed less than 24 hours. I have stamps in my passport, so one stamp for entering China, one stamp for exiting China.
It has the dates in Western numbers, the word CHINA written in English, and the rest are in the Chinese language.

Will I have to get translations for the stamps?
I have one such stamp from a different country. There are arrows to denote entry and exit. The name of the city visited is in English and it shows the date. However, the country's name is in a different language.

I have proactively got those 2 stamps translated and certified. I'm not even sure if I'll get the interview.

I would strongly recommend getting those translated, just in case.

I'll let others with Chinese stamps answer further.

Good luck!

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Thank you. Do you know any agency where I can get the stamps translated. I am in British Columbia.

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Re: China stamp - the country and the date are in English so typically these don't need to be translated. In my case, I sent a colored passport copy (per IRCC's request) on Monday. They got back to me on Tuesday saying that they need specific stamps translated and highlighted the page numbers. So you could e-mail your passport copy to IRCC as it is and request if it's acceptable. If it's not, IRCC will respond and request for translations of specific pages.

If you need translation services, I used Docsbase - very reasonable pricing and they can do urgent requests. Quoted $39 for 2 business day turnaround, but completed it in 1 business day, fully certified by a notary.