+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding transcripts

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Seniors, Please help me with this one. I am applying for PR from India.

The instruction says that I will have to submit all the original marksheets and the univ certificate sealed in a univ envolope. My questions are:

1. I studied in a autonomous college affiliated to a big university and I have all the semester mark sheets[ individual and the consolidated] from the college and the final certificate from the univ. Do I need to get the univ seal on the mark sheets[ individual or the consolidated] and also the final univ certificate or attach a seal on the final certirficate from the univ.

2. Since I studied in a autonomous college , I am not sure on how the univ will attest my mark sheets. Do I need to get the mark sheets also attested?

Please advice.

Thanks
Jenny

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
if you got a university degree, then obviously the marksheets were also issued by the university...

that being the case, the record of your marksheets will be there at the university and they will be able to provide you marksheets based on the copies of marksheets you send to them.

apart from transcripts you need to send the notarized the copy of your degree certificate...

Most degree colleges in India are autonomous, but affiliated to a university... the exams are conducted at the university level and the marksheets and degrees are issued by the university... the students generally never have to visit the university throughout the process....

can i ask which university and which college are you referring to... there are many private universities in India which are approved by state HR ministries and do not come under the UGC umbrella... most of these universities are not recognized by CHC ND.. .so, you better do a sanity check on your education credentials before you apply...

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Hey aanbaan,

Thank you for your response. I have received my AOR and have started my 120 days to send my applications to new delhi.

To answer your questions , I studied in Loyola College,Chennai. Its affiliated to the University of Madras. I think it is recognized by UGC.Its one of the top 5 colleges in India. Its a autonomous college and has semester examinations. I have done my UG and PG through that college.

Check this link : http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/auto_college.html

Click on Madras University and the first college you will get is loyola college. So I am not sure on whether it is recognized by CHC ND or not!

So when I complete my semester , I get a semester marksheet on the college logo and not from  the university. So I have 10 such marksheets for my UG and PG from the college and not the university. Also since the college is affiliated to the university, I got 2 Univ Degree Certificates which are under the Univ Logo stating that I have passed the degree for UG and PG.

So what do I do in this case? Do I need to send all the marksheets and get them attested in the univ[ since  these are all in the college logo and not the univ logo]  or only the final certificate from the university? If I dont have to send the mark sheets to univ, do I have to get them attested from the college?

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
jenny.can said:
Hey aanbaan,

Thank you for your response. I have received my AOR and have started my 120 days to send my applications to new delhi.

To answer your questions , I studied in Loyola College,Chennai. Its affiliated to the University of Madras. I think it is recognized by UGC.Its one of the top 5 colleges in India. Its a autonomous college and has semester examinations. I have done my UG and PG through that college.

Check this link : http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/auto_college.html

Click on Madras University and the first college you will get is loyola college. So I am not sure on whether it is recognized by CHC ND or not!

So when I complete my semester , I get a semester marksheet on the college logo and not from the university. So I have 10 such marksheets for my UG and PG from the college and not the university. Also since the college is affiliated to the university, I got 2 Univ Degree Certificates which are under the Univ Logo stating that I have passed the degree for UG and PG.

So what do I do in this case? Do I need to send all the marksheets and get them attested in the univ[ since these are all in the college logo and not the univ logo] or only the final certificate from the university? If I dont have to send the mark sheets to univ, do I have to get them attested from the college?
you are from Loyola College... it's one amongst the best in the country... CHC would surely recognize it... talk to your college... they will issue you transcripts for your marksheets... they will charge a nominal fee... DO NOT send your original marksheets... you may not get them back from CHC... also, send the notarized copy of the degree certificates...

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Thank you aanbaan.

Can you please tell me what exactly do you mean by transcripts? As I said , I have all the original semester marksheets , and also a consolidated final marksheet which has scores from all the semesters. Do I need to get another original copy from the college and attach it or do I need to get a xerox of all these marksheets and get it attested from college?

Please advice. Thank you.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
jenny.can said:
Thank you aanbaan.

Can you please tell me what exactly do you mean by transcripts? As I said , I have all the original semester marksheets , and also a consolidated final marksheet which has scores from all the semesters. Do I need to get another original copy from the college and attach it or do I need to get a xerox of all these marksheets and get it attested from college?

Please advice. Thank you.
transcript is a consolidated marksheet printed on college letterhead signed by the Registrar/principal/Director, etc level of a person in the college... it is sealed in an envelope with college stamp on the envelope to ensure there has been no tampering... talk to your college's office, they'll know about it.. it's a very common thing...

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Thank you aanbaan. I am going to contact my college and try to get my transcripts stamped and sealed. Also needed a quick answer.

I am applying with my husband. Does he also need to get all the univ ceritificates and work experience letters also?

please advice. thank you.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
jenny.can said:
Thank you aanbaan. I am going to contact my college and try to get my transcripts stamped and sealed. Also needed a quick answer.

I am applying with my husband. Does he also need to get all the univ ceritificates and work experience letters also?

please advice. thank you.
Yes...

elan72

Dec 26, 2015
Hi Jenny.can,
Can you give some details on how you got it done in Loyola college, chennai?
I'm an alumni of Loyola too,
- did you get the job done in our college or from Madras Univ?
- whom did you contact? Can I get the work done from Bnagalore?
- what all docs did you send for attestation? ( I hold a Bachelors degree from Loyola)

Thanks..