+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding Study Permit for Jan 23 intake

Noyonika

Dec 13, 2022
Applied twice, got rejected both times with the same reasons, despite giving updated documents with all the proof required. My course starts in Jan 23 and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

EDIT: The reasons given both times are the same, despite new details and data being submitted which successfully tackle the issues presented by the previous officer. It feels like they didn't look at anything, but just rejected it. Any way I can get a reval done on this? Or any email ID I can connect with?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied twice, got rejected both times with the same reasons, despite giving updated documents with all the proof required. My course starts in Jan 23 and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
Can’t comment on your refusals because you would have ordered GCMS notes to know the reasons. Nothing you can do but ask the school when is the last date for deferral.

Reactions: Noyonika

Noyonika

Dec 13, 2022
Can’t comment on your refusals because you would have ordered GCMS notes to know the reasons. Nothing you can do but ask the school when is the last date for deferral.
Thank you! I'll try that.

Is there a maximum limit to the number of times a person can apply for the permit?

Noyonika

Dec 13, 2022
No there isn't.
Thanks! I'd like to add to the thread that I feel there's some error on the officer's part. They mentioned missing Marksheets, and past experience not matching with future prospects. This was tackled very clearly in the SOP and the entire application was strengthened considerably.

I'm curious about what the revaluation process would be for this? I have mailed for the notes!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! I'd like to add to the thread that I feel there's some error on the officer's part. They mentioned missing Marksheets, and past experience not matching with future prospects. This was tackled very clearly in the SOP and the entire application was strengthened considerably.

I'm curious about what the revaluation process would be for this? I have mailed for the notes!
Can’t comment because don’t know your profile. You can ask for reconsideration if you believe there is an error in the law.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

We can't really comment without knowing your full profile. Sometimes people feel they have a strong profile or have overcome mismatches through a strong SOP, when they really haven't and still have a weak profile.

For the reevaluation process, you can submit a reconsideration request to IRCC but it's entirely up to them if they consider it or not.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

The reconsideration process via webform is not a formal request so you could receive no reply at all. However, it has worked for some people. Search for the term "reconsideration" in the forum and you will find some threads about it.

Other than that, you can reapply ideally after receiving the GCMS notes so that you can tackle each comment made by the VO and submit evidence. Not much else you can do. The last resort would be to file a judicial review (there are also threads about it). However, that process is expensive and also time consuming with no guarantees of having a different outcome. Good luck!