+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding SOP.

Faiaz_

Aug 12, 2017
Hello everyone. I wanted to know wether I need to mention the duration of my study gap for e.g- 4 years in my SOP? Or do I need to mention from which year to which year the study gap lasted? I have only written that I passed olevels in 2014. Please kindly help.
Thank you.

shababsaad

Jun 21, 2017
You should explain in your SOP the complete reasons for your gap in studies. Let me know about your full profile and I can take a look at your SOP.

Faiaz_

Aug 12, 2017
You should explain in your SOP the complete reasons for your gap in studies. Let me know about your full profile and I can take a look at your SOP.
Yes I have mentioned the reason of why I had to take a study gap and what I did during my study break. Its just that I didnt mention the duration of the break.

shababsaad

Jun 21, 2017
Yes I have mentioned the reason of why I had to take a study gap and what I did during my study break. Its just that I didnt mention the duration of the break.
Make sure you mention the duration of the break as well. The SOP needs to explain for everything that is not natural and plays a critical role in your application.

Faiaz_

Aug 12, 2017
Make sure you mention the duration of the break as well. The SOP needs to explain for everything that is not natural and plays a critical role in your application.
Okay I will mention the duration. But gow do I write? Should I write it like my study gap duration was of 4 years? Or should I write it like I was on a study gap from 2015 to 2017?

shababsaad

Jun 21, 2017
How come your study gap is 4 years if it was from 2015 to 2017? The difference between 2015 to 2017 is only two years!

Faiaz_

Aug 12, 2017
How come your study gap is 4 years if it was from 2015 to 2017? The difference between 2015 to 2017 is only two years!
Wait really? Someone told me since I finished my olevels in May 2014 that means its going to be 4 years worth of study gap:(.

IndianStone

Feb 22, 2017
Hello everyone. I wanted to know wether I need to mention the duration of my study gap for e.g- 4 years in my SOP? Or do I need to mention from which year to which year the study gap lasted? I have only written that I passed olevels in 2014. Please kindly help.
Thank you.
Hello,
What were you doing in the 4 years? Were you employed?

Faiaz_

Aug 12, 2017
Well then its close to 4 years
Okay thank you. Also there was another thing I needed help with. My school lost my transcripts but in return they gave me a recommendation letter. I have my certificates and marksheets. Should I mention about me not having my transcripts in the SOP?

Faiaz_

Aug 12, 2017
Well I was home tutoring elementary school kids and learned martial arts. I also took the SAT and IELTS exam.