+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding proof of fund invited under PNP

michael9293

Jan 24, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a Canada Bechalor's degree and currently working a full-time job in BC (on open work permit).
I applied under EEBC - international graduate and was nominated 2 weeks ago. So I have 600 additional points in EE pool and received ITA today.

My question is that do I need to submit proof of fund? Since I am invited under PNP, quoting the ITA letter from CIC:

"Based on the information you provided us in your Express Entry profile, we are pleased to invite you to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)"

I find on CIC website:

"You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream)."
Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

So does it mean I don't need to submit a proof of fund when completing my EE application? If so, I need to write a letter of explanation to address this issue, right?
Thank you guys!

michael9293

Jan 24, 2018
Guys please help. After some more search, I am still not clear if I need POF.

As I said, I am invited under PNP, NOT CEC, and there is this "You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream)."

I tried to put $0.00 under the question "how much money you will bring to Canada" and then the requirement to submit POF in my checklist is gone, is this the right way to do it?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Guys please help. After some more search, I am still not clear if I need POF.

As I said, I am invited under PNP, NOT CEC, and there is this "You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream)."

I tried to put $0.00 under the question "how much money you will bring to Canada" and then the requirement to submit POF in my checklist is gone, is this the right way to do it?
Hi Michael,
I responded to your post in another thread. PNP candidates are not exempt from proof of funds (as far as I am aware) unless they are applying as part of the CEC stream (PNP candidates applying through Express Entry still have to apply as a part of one of the 3 streams - it may have indicated which stream you're under in your ITA letter), or unless they have a valid job offer AND are currently authorized to work in Canada.

michael9293

Jan 24, 2018
Hi Michael,
I responded to your post in another thread. PNP candidates are not exempt from proof of funds (as far as I am aware) unless they are applying as part of the CEC stream (PNP candidates applying through Express Entry still have to apply as a part of one of the 3 streams - it may have indicated which stream you're under in your ITA letter), or unless they have a valid job offer AND are currently authorized to work in Canada.
Thank you very much crescent_jam for the reply. I didn't find any other information on my ITA indicationg which stream I am under. Yes I tend to agree I have to be one of those three, as I mentioned, on CIC website "Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream)" So I guess I am counted as CEC? If so I don't need POF, right?

Reactions: deeksh25

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you very much crescent_jam for the reply. I didn't find any other information on my ITA indicationg which stream I am under. Yes I tend to agree I have to be one of those three, as I mentioned, on CIC website "Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream)" So I guess I am counted as CEC? If so I don't need POF, right?
I don't think you can make that assumption - it's too risky. You need to find out definitively what stream you're under. What does that first paragraph of your ITA letter say?

hela :)

Oct 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a Canada Bechalor's degree and currently working a full-time job in BC (on open work permit).
I applied under EEBC - international graduate and was nominated 2 weeks ago. So I have 600 additional points in EE pool and received ITA today.

My question is that do I need to submit proof of fund? Since I am invited under PNP, quoting the ITA letter from CIC:

"Based on the information you provided us in your Express Entry profile, we are pleased to invite you to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)"

I find on CIC website:

"You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream)."
Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

So does it mean I don't need to submit a proof of fund when completing my EE application? If so, I need to write a letter of explanation to address this issue, right?
Thank you guys!
hi, did you ever find the answer for this? I was looking for answers since my situation is the same. and look what i found:

"
Evaluating PNP applicants on A11.2
It is possible that a candidate may appear to meet the program requirements of more than one federal immigration program. When this occurs, the processing office must only determine that the applicant meets one of the federal programs for which they have been tagged. Once the applicant is determined to have met one of the federal immigration programs there is no need for further assessment of the others.

Processing offices should assess PNP applicants for federal programs in the following order:

• CEC
  • FSTP
  • FSWP
Should the applicant fail to meet the first program considered, the processing office should consider the other programs to which the applicant has been tagged in turn until the applicant either meets one program or all possible tagged programs have been considered.

If it is determined that the applicant does not meet any of the tagged federal immigration programs, the application should be refused on A11.2. Misrepresentation should also be considered, as appropriate."

so, as long as you qualified for CEC, it doesn't matter if your ITA is based on PNP. You don't need proof of funds!
The full link for the page is:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/provincial-nominee-program.html

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Oh my gosh! This is a very useful thread since I also got an ITA today under PNP. but I am also qualified for CEC and FSW. Does this mean I do not need to provide POF? I was stressing myself thinking how I can get all those required fund. Lol! Guess I only have to provide whatever is in my bank right now and my employment contract eh?

karimarmaan

Nov 6, 2018
Oh my gosh! This is a very useful thread since I also got an ITA today under PNP. but I am also qualified for CEC and FSW. Does this mean I do not need to provide POF? I was stressing myself thinking how I can get all those required fund. Lol! Guess I only have to provide whatever is in my bank right now and my employment contract eh?
Finally, did you show any proof of funds? I am in the same situation and request your advice. Did you answer $0 for the question, "how much money would you bring to Canada" and avoided showing any proof? or you added the details in Letter of Explanation?

Aafu1234

Aug 28, 2020
I am also in same situation,
I have got my PNP followed by ITA, AND NOW IN LINE OF GATHERING DOCS FOR eAPR, AND CONFUSED REGARDING SHOWING PROOF OF FUNDS, BECAUSE I ENTERED FAMILY MEMBER 1 AND $12960 ACCORDING TO LATEST CHART OF FUND, SO DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THIS SITUATION?

PLEASE REPLY , IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Mar 12, 2020
Hi Michael,
I am working in NOC A without LMIA. Does that mean I have a job offer?

Mar 12, 2020
I am working in NOC A without LMIA. Does that mean I have a job offer? As I am working in this job since last 6 months. I created a profile under FSWP based on that got invitation from PNP draw.
Do i need to show proof of funds or my job will count as a job offer? Please help...