+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding PGWP rejection

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
I did 2 years course from Durham college without any break and then i applied for my PGWP before my study permit expired but i got rejected because the transcript which i submitted was old enough to prove that i am graduated. When i called CIC, they asked me to restore my status as a student and apply for PGWP simultaneously.
But my question is how can i give an application of study permit extension or restoration without any valid letter of acceptance from college(offer Letter)..?
Will they consider my application?
Can any one please help me who have faced this kind of situation.

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
I haven't submitted for the restoration yet. I am still on 90 days window period.
I am trying to fill form IMM5709 for the restoration but i got stuck in this particular section of offer letter

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
As far as my understanding you need the enrollment letter to apply for study permit. Also i think ypu can aaply for pgwp only within 90 days of your graduation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
As far as my understanding you need the enrollment letter to apply for study permit. Also i think ypu can aaply for pgwp only within 90 days of your graduation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

yes, you are right and i did that during my first time application of PGWP but i got rejected.
But now to Refile it, i need to be in status of student which i am not. So, i am filing for restoration as a student and at the same time sending the application for the PGWP in the same envelope. I have to mail the application together.
As a sum up,
Graduation date : 14 june 2017
PGWP application: 23 june 2017
Study permit expiry: 1 july 2017
PGWP rejection: 16 sept 2017
Now, I am having 90 days from 16 sept to file the restoration.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I don't understand the rejection. They say it the transcript was too old? As far as I am aware as well to apply for a study permit you need a letter of enrollment from a college/university. When was the transcript from? Did it include all your marks?

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
I don't understand the rejection. They say it the transcript was too old? As far as I am aware as well to apply for a study permit you need a letter of enrollment from a college/university. When was the transcript from? Did it include all your marks?

yes, the transcript was old. I had the transcript dated april 24 whereas my graduation was on 14th june. It had all the marks included but was not having the term " graduated."
It was my mistake. I should have submitted my new updated transcript.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I just don't see how the restoration would work without another offer letter. I would contact the CIC again and have them explain to you how you do this. When you get an answer it would be interesting to find out. Anyway, good luck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I did 2 years course from Durham college without any break and then i applied for my PGWP before my study permit expired but i got rejected because the transcript which i submitted was old enough to prove that i am graduated. When i called CIC, they asked me to restore my status as a student and apply for PGWP simultaneously.
But my question is how can i give an application of study permit extension or restoration without any valid letter of acceptance from college(offer Letter)..?
Will they consider my application?
Can any one please help me who have faced this kind of situation.
Submit a letter of explanation in place of the offer letter. The study permit app is a formality to allow you to qualify to apply for the PGWP.

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
Submit a letter of explanation in place of the offer letter. The study permit app is a formality to allow you to qualify to apply for the PGWP.
The letter of explanation makes sense to me. I will try to explain why am i not submitting the offer letter. have u ever came across this kind of case before?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The letter of explanation makes sense to me. I will try to explain why am i not submitting the offer letter. have u ever came across this kind of case before?
Yes. There are several threads on the forum about it.

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
I just don't see how the restoration would work without another offer letter. I would contact the CIC again and have them explain to you how you do this. When you get an answer it would be interesting to find out. Anyway, good luck

have called them couple of times.they are saying to submit a letter of explanation with an offer letter and brief description of why am i applying for restoration.
to get PGWP and not extension of my study permit.

dsp24293

Nov 17, 2017
Do i need to show any funds for that?
because the restoration form has couple of questions regarding the funds and living costs etc.