+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help regarding outland spouse sponsorship application

sarabpreet

Mar 1, 2014
Hello everyone,
Today I m writing in hope that we will get some help. I have submitted sponsorship application on October 4th, 2014 through Sydney Australia for my husband. We received an email from consulate general of Canada in Sydney Australia for an interview. Our interview was on march 10 and it went well and was successful. After interview officer told us that they want my husband to be in Canada before may 5th because his student visa was expiring on may 8, 2015. We did not submit the right of permanent fee earlier therefore they asked us to submit that and assured us that we will be together in a month or so. However, we still have not heard anything from the embassy. it has been almost 2 months and it is very frustrating and we are feeling helplessness. I was wondering if anyone else been through the same situation? Could you please let us know usually how much time does it take for the consulate general of Canada in Sydney Australia to ask for passport and issue visa? It will be a great help if someone can provide some information. Thank you so much and best wishes for everyone who are waiting for their family to reunite.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think what you are experiencing is that unexpected. Paying the RPRF later can very well create a delay of a few of months. Typically if something is missing from the application (like a fee), CIC will make a request for you to pay it and then set a date in the future for when they will pick up the application again to see if whatever is missing has now been provided and the processing of the application can proceed. In other words, usually they do not start processing your application again as soon as whatever is missing is received. Instead, you send in what's missing and then at some period after that (weeks or months later), the flag on the file notifies CIC that they should take another look at the file to see if it can now be finalized. I suspect this is what's happened to you.

I imagine you must be very close to the end and hopefully you'll hear something in a matter of days or week. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait.

sarabpreet

Mar 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your time. Yea this is what we are thinking. Hopefully, we will hear from them soon and they won't take much time after they ask for the passport. Once again thank you.