+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding Education Credential Evaluation/Assessment

baigmirza490

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I got my credentials evaluated by WES recently. My University is recognized by ACICS. In my report it says that "Degree from a Non-Recognized Institution" and "WES do not recognize degrees from ACICS".
Does it means I don't get points for Master's Degree? And also can I try to get evaluated by other agencies?

PritiJ2017

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
28/05/2018
Med's Done....
8/6/2018
did they ask you for your bachelors degree? in my husbands case, his UK college was not recognised so they asked us for his bachelors degree from another uni was asked and hence evaluated.

baigmirza490

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
did they ask you for your bachelors degree? in my husbands case, his UK college was not recognised so they asked us for his bachelors degree from another uni was asked and hence evaluated.
Yes, for Bachelor's degree they said it's recognized. But I got this statement for Master's Degree.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
I got my credentials evaluated by WES recently. My University is recognized by ACICS. In my report it says that "Degree from a Non-Recognized Institution" and "WES do not recognize degrees from ACICS".
Does it means I don't get points for Master's Degree? And also can I try to get evaluated by other agencies?

try iqas

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
If ECA mentions "Degree from a non-recognized institution", then you cannot claim points for that degree.

PritiJ2017

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
28/05/2018
Med's Done....
8/6/2018
yes, if WES evaluated your degree as bachelors, you will get points for bachelors and not masters.
its similar to my husbands ECA. he has his postgraduation but his bachelors + postgraduation has been evaluation as canadian equivalency- Bachelors degree

PritiJ2017

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
28/05/2018
Med's Done....
8/6/2018
on a seperate note: can you ell me exactly what your ECA says
dos it say bachelors? does it have anything written in brackets? like for my husband it says (Ithree Years) i am wondering if the I* is an error and if it was meant to be (Three Years).

can any help?

baigmirza490

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
on a seperate note: can you ell me exactly what your ECA says
dos it say bachelors? does it have anything written in brackets? like for my husband it says (Ithree Years) i am wondering if the I* is an error and if it was meant to be (Three Years).

can any help?
It has two separate columns:
For My Bachelors Degree : 1. Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors Degree (Four Years)

For My Masters Degree : 2. Canadian Equivalency: Masters Degree (From a Non-Recognized Institution)
Remarks: WES evaluates degrees from only 6 Regional accreditation agencies in the US.

sahi20

May 25, 2018
Does IQAS Accept transcripts from NPU? are they considering NPU /?
No IQAS does not evaluate your masters as NPU is accredited to ACICS .which they do not accept .

For institutions located in the United States IQAS verifies that the institution is accredited by one of the following six regional accreditation bodies:

· Middle States Commission on Higher Education

· New England Association of Schools and Colleges: Commission on Institutions of Higher Education

· North Central Association of Colleges and Schools: The Higher Learning Commission

· Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities

· Southern Association of Colleges and Schools: Commission on Colleges

· Western Association of Schools and Colleges: Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities

the above list of agencies are accepted by all evaluation agents , which doesnt have ACICS in it.

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Any updates regarding to this issue?