+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help reapplying

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Purpose of visit checked as sole reason for refusal of TRV. What can I provide to satisfy visa officer about purpose of visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Purpose of visit checked as sole reason for refusal of TRV. What can I provide to satisfy visa officer about purpose of visit?
Hi,

1. How long did you want to visit? What was the stated purpose of your visit?

2. What were the ties which you demonstrated to your home country/country of residence (Employment/business/study + property/land + family ties + financial situation + previous travel history)?

3. Do you have a Canadian host (family/relative or a friend)?

Cheers

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Hi,

1. How long did you want to visit? What was the stated purpose of your visit?

2. What were the ties which you demonstrated to your home country/country of residence (Employment/business/study + property/land + family ties + financial situation + previous travel history)?

3. Do you have a Canadian host (family/relative or a friend)?

Cheers

This is regarding my brother’s visitor visa. The purpose of visit was to visit me and my family. And the length of intended visit was 4 weeks.

My brother had submitted his employment letter from salon that he works at and J forms for income from family farming plus his tax returns. He had also submitted property documents and his bank statements from past 4 months.

He has been to UK on student visa and had returned before expiration of his visa. He is now married, and his wife was not going to accompany him.

I am a Canadian citizen and had written letter of Invitation for him stating that I would provide him accommodation during his visit.

Thanks for taking out your time to answer my questions Bryanna. Much appreciated!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

To clarify:
1. The Form J is for agricultural income earned by your brother (not by your family), right? This would imply your brother owns agricultural land, right?

2. Since how long has your brother been employed at the salon? Did he provide salary slips? Does his Income Tax Returns include/match the salary earned?

3. Property is owned by your brother and not by a family member, right? If it's family ownership property, does he have a specified percentage share in it?

4. A UK student visa won't help much because it's a long-term visa compared to a UK visitor visa. Has your brother traveled to the UK on a new visa after he returned? Has he traveled to any other countries after his UK stay?

5. Four weeks is a long visit. When did he state he would like to visit?

Cheers

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Hi,

To clarify:
1. The Form J is for agricultural income earned by your brother (not by your family), right? This would imply your brother owns agricultural land, right?

2. Since how long has your brother been employed at the salon? Did he provide salary slips? Does his Income Tax Returns include/match the salary earned?

3. Property is owned by your brother and not by a family member, right? If it's family ownership property, does he have a specified percentage share in it?

4. A UK student visa won't help much because it's a long-term visa compared to a UK visitor visa. Has your brother traveled to the UK on a new visa after he returned? Has he traveled to any other countries after his UK stay?

Cheers

Yes, it is for agriculture income earned by my brother. He doesn’t own all of the land though. Most of it is still registered under my grandfathers name. But J forms are under my brothers name.

He has been employed at the salon since June 2015. He did not provide salary slips but did attach employment letter with details on how much his salary is and about the date of commencement of his employment. And yes, his Tax returns match his salary and income from agriculture.

Property is still under my grandfathers name, which is a norm in Punjab.

He hasn’t traveled to any other countries and never went back to UK as a visitor

September 18 to October 12.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, your brother does not have strong ties for a visa application. Here are my reasons:

Yes, it is for agriculture income earned by my brother. He doesn’t own all of the land though. Most of it is still registered under my grandfathers name. But J forms are under my brothers name.

Property is still under my grandfathers name, which is a norm in Punjab.
For a visa application, ancestral family properties do not work as strong ties. Plus, the property and the agricultural land has not been transferred (legally speaking, the correct term is 'transmitted') to your brother.

In such cases, a third generation property inheritor would probably inherit only a marginal/insignificant percentage after the property inheritance percentages are decided (unless a legal will was made specifically stating who would inherit the property).

If your grandfather is alive then these properties and agricultural land continue to be owned by him. This means the visa office will not consider an ancestral family owned property or ancestral agricultural land as your brother's = Not a tie.

He has been employed at the salon since June 2015. He did not provide salary slips but did attach employment letter with details on how much his salary is and about the date of commencement of his employment.
He should have provided 3-4 months salary slips + his bank statement should have confirmed his salary deposits/transfers + a leave approval letter stating he will have his job when he returns.

Also, a 4-months' bank statement is an inadequate/incorrect document.

IMO, his only strong tie currently is his wife (family tie). I suggest he must wait until the property and agricultural land is transferred/transmitted to his name + he has stronger employment ties

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Unfortunately, your brother does not have strong ties for a visa application. Here are my reasons:

For a visa application, ancestral family properties do not work as strong ties. Plus, the property and the agricultural land has not been transferred (legally speaking, the correct term is 'transmitted') to your brother.

In such cases, a third generation property inheritor would probably inherit only a marginal/insignificant percentage after the property inheritance percentages are decided (unless a legal will was made specifically stating who would inherit the property).

If your grandfather is alive then these properties and agricultural land continue to be owned by him. This means the visa office will not consider an ancestral family owned property or ancestral agricultural land as your brother's = Not a tie.

He should have provided 3-4 months salary slips + his bank statement should have confirmed his salary deposits/transfers + a leave approval letter stating he will have his job when he returns.

IMO, his only strong tie currently is his wife (family tie). I suggest he must wait until the property and agricultural land is transferred/transmitted to his name + he has stronger employment ties

He should have provided 3-4 months salary slips + his bank statement should have confirmed his salary deposits/transfers + a leave approval letter stating he will have his job when he returns

He does have a lot of activity in his bank statements though ( deposits/ transfers/ withdrawals) as he is getting paid in cash from his job as well as agriculture. And I believe that he would be able to get leave approval letter from his work.

Would statements from past 6 months be okay?

IMO, his only strong tie currently is his wife (family tie). I suggest he must wait until the property and agricultural land is transferred/transmitted to his name + he has stronger employment ties[/QUOTE]

Do u think thata legal will from my grandfather would be helpful?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes he is.
In that case, a legal will won't work because your grandfather is alive and properties cannot be inherited through a legal will when the owner is alive.

IMO, there are only two options for proving property ties for your brother:
1. Your grandfather must issue a Power of Attorney in favor of your brother i.e. to represent him (your grandfather) for the day-to-day working/management of the agricultural land and the property, to pay taxes on behalf of your grandfather, etc.

In this case, your brother would still need to wait for some months to establish that this POA was not created for the visa purposes.

2. Gift the agricultural land and property to your brother i.e. legal transmission of the ownership through a Gift Deed (stamp duty paid for and the Gift Deed should be registered). This could be difficult to do if there are other likely inheritors.

IMO, your brother's employment ties are weak (if he is paid in cash)

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Just out of curiosity, none of the boxes questioning family ties or employment are checked off in his refusal. Does purpose of visit imply those conditions automatically?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
'Purpose of visit', 'Travel history' and 'Other reasons' are generic reasons. You could order GCMS notes if you'd like to know more specifically why the visa officer refused your brother