+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help !!! PNP - PR Expired

Farhan985

Jun 14, 2013
Hello Senior Members,

Writing this post after so many years of joining this group, hope I will get some fruitful advises from you all.

I got my PNP visa (Saskatchewan) back in 2013 and have travelled to Canada in June the same year. I spent around 3 months there, got my PR and then came back to my home land in August.

Since then, I never been to Canada and my PR is now expired.

I didn't fulfil the PR obligations of spending atleast 2 years out of 5 in Canada.

Is there any possibility for me to get my immigration restored?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Farhan Haider.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Senior Members,

Writing this post after so many years of joining this group, hope I will get some fruitful advises from you all.

I got my PNP visa (Saskatchewan) back in 2013 and have travelled to Canada in June the same year. I spent around 3 months there, got my PR and then came back to my home land in August.

Since then, I never been to Canada and my PR is now expired.

I didn't fulfil the PR obligations of spending atleast 2 years out of 5 in Canada.

Is there any possibility for me to get my immigration restored?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Farhan Haider.
Your chances of being able to keep your PR status are extremely low. The best / most realistic option would be to renounce your PR status and apply again from scratch through a program like Express Entry.

If you want to try to keep your current PR status, you would need to get a US visa and first fly to the US. You would then need to enter Canada through the US/Canada land border using a private vehicle. When you enter Canada, you would then have to hope you are not reported for failing to meet the residency requirement. If you are able to enter Canada without being reported, you would then need to live in Canada for 2 years straight without leaving before applying to renew your PR card. This is really the only way for you to try to save your PR status. Additionally, if you have a spouse or children who are not PRs, you will only be able to sponsor them to come to Canada once you have returned to Canada and lived in Canada for 2 straight years. This means you may have to be separated from them for a few years before they can join you in Canada.

Again, the best option is almost certainly to renounce and reapply from scratch.