+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP PLS sponsorship Canada/Morocco

AB_1731

Dec 27, 2020
Montreal, Canada
Hi guys,

Has anyone done the process without lawyer for Canada(montreal,Quebec)/Morocco?

My husband and i, are soon starting process for sponsorship and would prefer not having to pay lawyer fees. We have been married since last nov 2019 in morocco. Its been already so long we are apart :( .. now with covid also.. it has been so hard, financially too, as for all.

We thought of giving it a try ourselves, just scared we might waste time (if any gets returned) .. or make mistakes perhaps not knowing what we are doing ( completing the right forms or missing documents).

Would appreciate any form of help and infos, stories so on. I done some research but so much infos that its overwhelming.. im hoping to get clarity throughout peoples experiences.

Where to start.. With which proper documents (where do i find the correct full list of updated forms?). Did anyone have issues with papers being sent back? Or to complete the forms properly, are we penalized in time if so.. etc

Im wondering if others have successfully tried it without lawyers and succeeded without issues.. also if it was easy process or hard.

I'm a Canadian Citizen, he's a Moroccan Citizen. Thank you God Bless ❤

AB_1731

Dec 27, 2020
Montreal, Canada
The spousal sponsorship package is easy to follow. Under how to apply lists the application and documents needed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html
Thank you, much appreciated.

Although i already had access to the list, problem is, im afraid to not put all correct documents together in the end of all ..and be missing something. Does that make you restart process or stall? And how long of a stall if theres a missing document, would you happen to know?

also bit worried about not answering properly in the documents, miss understanding the question perhaps .. what would happen then? Any penalty of sort?

There's no easy way to go about it .. instead of reading a 10 km list long and explanation before even starting? Wonder why they make it so complicated, when with a lawyer they make it seem so simple :( . Thanks again

S.a10

Sep 20, 2019

Although i already had access to the list, problem is, im afraid to not put all correct documents together in the end of all ..and be missing something. Does that make you restart process or stall? And how long of a stall if theres a missing document, would you happen to know?

also bit worried about not answering properly in the documents, miss understanding the question perhaps .. what would happen then? Any penalty of sort?

There's no easy way to go about it .. instead of reading a 10 km list long and explanation before even starting? Wonder why they make it so complicated, when with a lawyer they make it seem so simple :( . Thanks again
Hi i did the sponsorship for my husband from Morocco. I honestly just followed what was written on the official government website. It’s a lot of work but pretty straight forward. Just take your time to answer and read through everything.

Reactions: AB_1731

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Don't try to do it all at once, break it into chunks. Fill out what you know first and make notes of the things you need or didn't understand and come back later.

Make your own list of everything you need (in addition to the checklist which is also very important.)

It is manageable if you don't try to do all at once. The forms start to make sense if you spend more time on them.

Solve the things you don't understand one at a time. Ask questions and search and read here.

Now - it is critical to check everything before you send, to make it exact, nothing missing, check everything three or four times. If there are critical mistakes or things missing, it can get sent back and you lose months.

You can pay someone to do it but you will still need to check absolutely everything. That's actually easier if you prepare yourself.

Reactions: AB_1731

AB_1731

Dec 27, 2020
Montreal, Canada
Hi i did the sponsorship for my husband from Morocco. I honestly just followed what was written on the official government website. It’s a lot of work but pretty straight forward. Just take your time to answer and read through everything.
Hi, thank you so much for the encouraging words. May i ask how long your process was in overall? Or in parts perhaps. Im curious of different outcomes people may or may have had.. especially lately with this mess worldwide.

Have a beautiful weekend :)

AB_1731

Dec 27, 2020
Montreal, Canada
Don't try to do it all at once, break it into chunks. Fill out what you know first and make notes of the things you need or didn't understand and come back later.

Make your own list of everything you need (in addition to the checklist which is also very important.)

It is manageable if you don't try to do all at once. The forms start to make sense if you spend more time on them.

Solve the things you don't understand one at a time. Ask questions and search and read here.

Now - it is critical to check everything before you send, to make it exact, nothing missing, check everything three or four times. If there are critical mistakes or things missing, it can get sent back and you lose months.

You can pay someone to do it but you will still need to check absolutely everything. That's actually easier if you prepare yourself.
Hi,

I appreciate the detailed reply, i guess you are right. Very useful tips that i will definitely be using. Thank you

Im feeling much more encouraged to go about it,

Have a great weekend :) !

Reactions: armoured

S.a10

Sep 20, 2019
Hi, thank you so much for the encouraging words. May i ask how long your process was in overall? Or in parts perhaps. Im curious of different outcomes people may or may have had.. especially lately with this mess worldwide.

Have a beautiful weekend :)
Hi, my process is still going on we started in October of 2019. You can send me a private message if you want to know anything else:) have a wonderful weekend as well!!!