+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please :)

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am Canadian/Australian, my husband is Australian and our twin girls are dual citizens. We’d like to move to Canada and I realise I would need to sponsor him. Do we fill in the Outland application ? We have tried to call the Embassy here but no joy because of Covid. Also how can I fill out financial questions if we are both moving to Canada? We’ve been in Australia for 12 years, any help Would be great. Any tips would be accepted gratefully as well. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am Canadian/Australian, my husband is Australian and our twin girls are dual citizens. We’d like to move to Canada and I realise I would need to sponsor him. Do we fill in the Outland application ? We have tried to call the Embassy here but no joy because of Covid. Also how can I fill out financial questions if we are both moving to Canada? We’ve been in Australia for 12 years, any help Would be great. Any tips would be accepted gratefully as well. Thank you
All depend on when you want to move to Canada.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
It would really be based off when we recieved the visa, assuming it takes a year I guess not too long after we receive it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would really be based off when we recieved the visa, assuming it takes a year I guess not too long after we receive it.
So if you only want to move once he has approval then apply Outland. The big obstacle you will have is that you have to have concrete proof that you’ll be resettling in Canada once your husband gets PR. Pre-covid it would probably take less than a year. Who knows about during covid. Australia doesn’t have a large covid issue so processing is likely not as delayed as many covid hot spots.

Reactions: twinmama15

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
So if you only want to move once he has approval then apply Outland. The big obstacle you will have is that you have to have concrete proof that you’ll be resettling in Canada once your husband gets PR. Pre-covid it would probably take less than a year. Who knows about during covid. Australia doesn’t have a large covid issue so processing is likely not as delayed as many covid hot spots.
Thank you, would you happen to know when the visa is approved how long we have to enter Canada?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you, would you happen to know when the visa is approved how long we have to enter Canada?
For Australians, probably 6-9 months (70-80% of the applications are completed in 1 year). You have at most 1 year (typically 6 months) to enter Canada after you get your visa.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Thank you so much that’s great to know with travel and Covid 19. Being in Australia we are banned to leave the country at the moment so hopefully a year from now travel will be easier. Thanks again