+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please?

Ailier

Feb 4, 2015
Hi, we(including my wife) made refugee claimant last year, and our hearing supposed to be on July 12th, but I received a letter from the board one week prior to my hearing, it said, our hearing will be delay due to security screening has not received, your hearing will be re schedule within or no more than 6 month。 However, it's been more than 6 months now, I just want to know has anyone experienced this kind of situation and how long should I wait for them to process it?

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Ailier said:
Hi, we(including my wife) made refugee claimant last year, and our hearing supposed to be on July 12th, but I received a letter from the board one week prior to my hearing, it said, our hearing will be delay due to security screening has not received, your hearing will be re schedule within or no more than 6 month。 However, it's been more than 6 months now, I just want to know has anyone experienced this kind of situation and how long should I wait for them to process it?
You are very lucky to have made your claim last year.Many people I know who made their claim before 2013 are yet to get hearing date more than 2 years after making their claim.What you should do is to get your lawyer to work on calling IRB for a new date.If you call yourself they will probably as you to tell your Lawyer to call