+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please,SP refused..

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
My first cousin applied for regular stream and got refused a month after,can anybody please help me to improve her sop? she is 20yrs old, want to study at nait edmonton, im her sponsor,has $ca30k in the bank, her show money in philippines P200k. Reason of refusal not suff funds and no guarantee to come back after her study in canada. We will reapply next week,her class starts on jan 2022,plan to pay her 1sem tuition and make P500k instead of 200k show money of her Thank you in advance..

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
My first cousin applied for regular stream and got refused a month after,can anybody please help me to improve her sop? she is 20yrs old, want to study at nait edmonton, im her sponsor,has $ca30k in the bank, her show money in philippines P200k. Reason of refusal not suff funds and no guarantee to come back after her study in canada. We will reapply next week,her class starts on jan 2022,plan to pay her 1sem tuition and make P500k instead of 200k show money of her Thank you in advance..
I need more information to give you advice...

1. What you mean to say that you are planning to pay 1 Sem tuition fee? You did not pay any fee in your previous application?
2. Give more information about her college and course with background education, Work experience if applicable and English proficiency?
3. Are you gonna apply for same college and course? what is the total duration of course??
4. Did you get a GIC from Canada Bank?
5. P200k was shown in whose account? Student or student's parents?
6. Did you attached applicable financial documents?

Share as much as information you can, Then I will able to give my suggestions and other people can also add on comments.

Reactions: Elah304

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why would you apply again when you haven’t addressed the refusal reasons and applied for GCMS notes to know full reasons. A reason is not return home so what is the program and how will it give her a good job and salary in the Philippines. How will spending thousands pay off for her job. You have $30k. Do you have another savings or is this your life’s savings. You are a cousin, not immediate family, so her and her parents should be showing the funds.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The fact that you are her sponsor significantly weakens her application. That is one issue. IRCC wants to see that either she or her parents have enough funds to cover the costs of her studies. I agree that she should not reapply until she gets her GCMS notes.

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I need more information to give you advice...

1. What you mean to say that you are planning to pay 1 Sem tuition fee? You did not pay any fee in your previous application?
2. Give more information about her college and course with background education, Work experience if applicable and English proficiency?
3. Are you gonna apply for same college and course? what is the total duration of course??
4. Did you get a GIC from Canada Bank?
5. P200k was shown in whose account? Student or student's parents?
6. Did you attached applicable financial documents?

Share as much as information you can, Then I will able to give my suggestions and other people can also add on comments.
Thank you for your response on my post,i appreciate it.
1.No,i did not pay her tuition fee on the 1st application.
2. She wants to take business admin at nait,edmonton. She did not enrol college last year because of pandemic,instead she work at pagcor,philippines for a year,then she resigned because she started gathering her requirements. Nait did not require ielts and her grades is okay to take the course.
3. Yes same school, her course is 2yrs.
4. No we did not get gic because she is non sds.
5. P200k (pesos)phillipine currency is her show money in her account.
6. Yes we did, her bank statements and mine too.

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Why would you apply again when you haven’t addressed the refusal reasons and applied for GCMS notes to know full reasons. A reason is not return home so what is the program and how will it give her a good job and salary in the Philippines. How will spending thousands pay off for her job. You have $30k. Do you have another savings or is this your life’s savings. You are a cousin, not immediate family, so her and her parents should be showing the funds.
Hi,thank you for responding my post,i appreciate it. Gcms takes a month,and she will take 2yr course business ad in january 2022. Yes,my savings account.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,thank you for responding my post,i appreciate it. Gcms takes a month,and she will take 2yr course business ad in january 2022. Yes,my savings account.
So how will taking a business program help her career in her country, and give her a high salary to pay off high tuition. So you are using all your savings for a family member who is not even considered immediate/extended, how is that justified. She needs to show a minium of $10k in her own savings.

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
The fact that you are her sponsor significantly weakens her application. That is one issue. IRCC wants to see that either she or her parents have enough funds to cover the costs of her studies. I agree that she should not reapply until she gets her GCMS notes.
Hi thank you for responding on my post,i appreciate it. Gcms notes takes a month to receive.

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
So how will taking a business program help her career in her country, and give her a high salary to pay off high tuition. So you are using all your savings for a family member who is not even considered immediate/extended, how is that justified. She needs to show a minium of $10k in her own savings.
Compititions of finding a high salary job in our country are very high. I am not really use all my savings, she can work part time 20hrs a week while she is in school and 80hrs a month while off school in that way she can save for her school expences. I am here to help/ support just in case she needs it. Yes she will do that, she needs 10k more in her own savings.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Compititions of finding a high salary job in our country are very high. I am not really use all my savings, she can work part time 20hrs a week while she is in school and 80hrs a month while off school in that way she can save for her school expences. I am here to help/ support just in case she needs it. Yes she will do that, she needs 10k more in her own savings.
Actually to get approved for a study permit, she needs to show that she has the funds so she doesn't need to work while studying. VOs want to see that she can support herself without working.

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Actually to get approved for a study permit, she needs to show that she has the funds so she doesn't need to work while studying. VOs want to see that she can support herself without working.
Oh i see, i thought they will consider the workin while studying option because as i know most of international students are doing that in order to support themselves.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh i see, i thought they will consider the workin while studying option because as i know most of international students are doing that in order to support themselves.
Yes students can work but VOs want to see that they have their own funds. You don’t make that much at 20 hours per week at minimum wage. It may cover some living expenses but not tuition.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Thank you for your response on my post,i appreciate it.
1.No,i did not pay her tuition fee on the 1st application.
2. She wants to take business admin at nait,edmonton. She did not enrol college last year because of pandemic,instead she work at pagcor,philippines for a year,then she resigned because she started gathering her requirements. Nait did not require ielts and her grades is okay to take the course.
3. Yes same school, her course is 2yrs.
4. No we did not get gic because she is non sds.
5. P200k (pesos)phillipine currency is her show money in her account.
6. Yes we did, her bank statements and mine too.
Your previous application looks very weak as per your information....

1. You should pay one year full tuition fee instead of 1 Sem
2. Although the IELTS is not require by college, you should obtain it to show visa officer that English is not a barrier for your studies.
3. I hope you are selecting relevant course with her pervious studies.
4. You must get a GIC to show visa officer that she will have funds to survive in Canada independently. ( Although these documents are optional in non sds or regular study permit, these documents can make profile much stronger and make a bona fide student. )
5. As per my knowledge, If student does not have longer work experience history then, they can not sponsor themselves. Its best that let her parents be her sponsor and attach pay slip, tax returns, income of her parents. So, funds must be shown in parents account.
6. Attach more finical documents as parents TAX returns, income certificate, CA report and get a GIC as well.

They always give just general reason in refusal letter, We have to apply for GCMS notes to find real VO comments. As, finical looks major factor in your profile so attach as much as documents possible to show your funds. GOOD LUCK!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not all students are able to find a part-time job and they are here to study woIf they aren’t doing well in their classes they should be prepared to reduce their work hours. Would really suggest spending money on a degree that will lead to a job in Canada. A 2 year college business class does not lead to a lot ofjob opportunities.