+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please. Is herniated disc a serious condition ?

Hakona Matata

Aug 21, 2021
Hi

FSW-O
AOR : 27 May

2 months ago I had a herniated disc which I mentioned to the doctor in the upfront medical exam, but when submitting my profile I answered No when asked if I've ever had a serious condition.
I'm doing well now and so was I when I had the medical exam.

Should I have answered Yes ?

Should I raise a web form and explain or no need ?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

FSW-O
AOR : 27 May

2 months ago I had a herniated disc which I mentioned to the doctor in the upfront medical exam, but when submitting my profile I answered No when asked if I've ever had a serious condition.
I'm doing well now and so was I when I had the medical exam.

Should I have answered Yes ?

Should I raise a web form and explain or no need ?

Thanks
No I don’t think it would be considered a serious condition unless. Are you still able to work or study full-time? What is the treatment plan? Do you require surgery? How long would the recovery be after surgery? For example would you need a month off after work? If you need surgery I would suggest having it done before coming to Canada for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Hakona Matata

Aug 21, 2021
No I don’t think it would be considered a serious condition unless. Are you still able to work or study full-time? What is the treatment plan? Do you require surgery? How long would the recovery be after surgery? For example would you need a month off after work? If you need surgery I would suggest having it done before coming to Canada for a variety of reasons.
Thanks for your reply.

The treatment plan is physical therapy sessions + medications (muscles relaxant + non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen) and where I live both are over the counter.

I'm working full time yes, and thankfully no surgery required.

My question is, since my doctor said he will mention it in his report and I didn't, will it be considered as a misrepresentation ?