+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help Please! About profession and LMO

emalex

Feb 25, 2014
I currently live in Quebec with my common-law partner who was born here.
We sent our sponsorship application today but no it should take a while until we have an answer.
I have a post-graduation work permit that is valid for another 5 and a half months, but I am already looking into my option for keep working until ou sponsorship process is finalized.

I graduated from college here on a program called graphic design for the web. I am a graphic designer for the web or web designer according to diploma. I got a job as a front-end web developer/ web master after graduating. I've been officially on the job since early september 2013. If my boss agree, would I be able to apply for a simplified LMO?
The 2014 list includes graphic designer/ illustrator and as another option it includes web developer. Would I be able to apply for a CAQ / LMO for one of the positions in the list? Even if my diploma does not mention the exact same title? half of my course was graphic design and the other half front-end web development, so I'm a bit confused: if I could or not apply?, how long it would take or how hard it would be?

Please if anyone can help me, I would be incredibly thankful

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If your employer is willing to apply for the facilitated LMO, then you can definitely try that route.

You don't have to have a diploma with the exact same title. If your course included web development, you are currently a web developer, your duties match the NOC and it's on the list, you should be fine.

The LMO process takes a few months and the online work permit process takes a few weeks, so your employer should apply at least a few months before your current permit expires.

emalex

Feb 25, 2014
Thanks again for your answer,
I had the question specially because the list say that for web developer the tile needs to be exactly this one, so I thought my diploma would have to say web developer. So I guess the only thing we get to skip is the advertising the position and that's already of good help! I was already accepting that I would have to lose my job since my PGWP can't be extended, but at least now I have hope for getting a work permit during my sponsorship! I will see if my boss is willing to help me so we can start it all by next month.