+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help or advice!!!

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022
In 2004 my parents came to canada and misrepresented themselves and the kids to obtain citizenship. Now the government is revoking our citizenship. At that time i was 8 years old and not till now i myself found out about my true identity and what they did im 28 now and really angry at my parents for how they played with our lives and kept us in the dark . I dont even live with them due to how i was being treated and abused and was about to get married and start a future now all this happened what can i do to secure my future because if we get deported i know no one and i will be lost not knowing what to do. Can someone please guide me in the right direction

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm very sorry to hear your devastating story. I encourage you to contact the law firm that generously provides these free forums for all of us. You can find their contact numbers at the top of the page. Perhaps they will offer you a free consultation. I would certainly hope that there is at least a way to salvage your citizenship, since you were a minor at the time. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Buletruck

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
This seems very complex. All I can recommend is to get a good immigration lawyer. In cases of citizenship revocation, all I can say is that you can have your case presented before a federal court than just with IRCC officials. So a court rather than bureaucrats can make a decision.
BTW What type of misrepresentation did your parents do ? The court will certainly take into account the gravity of the matter and your ties to Canada make a decision.

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022
Im trying to some how get a ID of my original identity trying to contact embassies i do have a lawyer but im afraid it wont work with his help . My sister was with me but somehow a cbsa officer was able to help her due to the fact the way my parents laid out the story into 2 separate ways but now shes a PR im trying to get my original ID so i can tell the government that im willing to fix the mistakes my parents made. My whole life ive been here and after depression and alot of suffer i found someone who guided me to the right path but never in million years i would thought something like this would ever happen

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Get a good immigration lawyer as already stated. And not a consultant. Have a back up plan as well. If you plan on getting married, do so. Adds to the humanitarian aspect. Start gathering references from friends and employers. Don't know that being a minor I. This situation would count for much, but being established certainly will. Do you hold dual citizenship?

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022
They changed names and our age and created a whole story and documents which were fraudulent
This seems very complex. All I can recommend is to get a good immigration lawyer. In cases of citizenship revocation, all I can say is that you can have your case presented before a federal court than just with IRCC officials. So a court rather than bureaucrats can make a decision.
BTW What type of misrepresentation did your parents do ? The court will certainly take into account the gravity of the matter and your ties to Canada make a decision.

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022
Get a good immigration lawyer as already stated. And not a consultant. Have a back up plan as well. If you plan on getting married, do so. Adds to the humanitarian aspect. Start gathering references from friends and employers. Don't know that being a minor I. This situation would count for much, but being established certainly will. Do you hold dual citizenship?
No i dont have dual citizenship just the canadian . My parents destroyed all my other ID’s from the past . I told my girlfriend everything and she is just as devastated as i am but is willing to support me and sponsor me but without my original ID i cant even apply for marriage or her sponsoring me

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have citizenship in your home country, or are you `Stateless'? If the latter, that would seem to play to your advantage regarding H&C grounds.

Maybe you should sue your parents! :mad:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No i dont have dual citizenship just the canadian . My parents destroyed all my other ID’s from the past . I told my girlfriend everything and she is just as devastated as i am but is willing to support me and sponsor me but without my original ID i cant even apply for marriage or her sponsoring me
This should be a criminal act.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I'm not a lawyer by any means, but I don't believe they can revoke citizenship if you only have Canadian citizenship. The law prevents them from making you stateless. Talk tonyoir lawyer about that. And confirm you haven't still got citizenship in your home country.

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022
Do you have citizenship in your home country, or are you `Stateless'? If the latter, that would seem to play to your advantage regarding H&C grounds.

Maybe you should sue your parents! :mad:
My father already got deported i thank god my little sister got saved and is happily married here but my mother also put me thru such mental stress where i had a car accident but yet i was blamed for it because all she wanted from me was money she never cared about my health or my mental state . This is where my girlfriend stepped in and told me to come live with her because if i stayed with my mother i would never be able to move forward in life

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently, the `Stateless' issue would not apply:

https://www.quora.com/Can-Canada-revoke-someone-s-citizenship-if-he-ll-otherwise-be-stateless

Although Canada is a party to the Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness, and the Convention says that citizenship shall not be deprived if it will make a person stateless, the Convention specifically has an exception for if the citizenship was obtained through fraud or misrepresentation:
Article 8

1. A Contracting State shall not deprive a person of its nationality if such deprivation would render him stateless.
  2. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 of this Article, a person may be deprived of the nationality of a Contracting State:
    […]
    (b) where the nationality has been obtained by misrepresentation or fraud.

Since Canada does not, currently, otherwise deprive anyone of citizenship for reasons other than obtaining it through fraud or misrepresentation, this provision of the Convention has no effect currently on Canada.
---

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022
I'm not a lawyer by any means, but I don't believe they can revoke citizenship if you only have Canadian citizenship. The law prevents them from making you stateless. Talk tonyoir lawyer about that. And confirm you haven't still got citizenship in your home country.
They already revoked the refugee status and now they said next will be the citizenship tbh im really scared because if im sent to a country i know nothing about my whole life will be destroyed

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

https://www.quora.com/Can-Canada-revoke-someone-s-citizenship-if-he-ll-otherwise-be-stateless

Although Canada is a party to the Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness, and the Convention says that citizenship shall not be deprived if it will make a person stateless, the Convention specifically has an exception for if the citizenship was obtained through fraud or misrepresentation:

Since Canada does not, currently, otherwise deprive anyone of citizenship for reasons other than obtaining it through fraud or misrepresentation, this provision of the Convention has no effect currently on Canada.
---
Well that sucks. Still the approach I'd try.

Although it does say "May"...so it's. Its not a definite.

Annoymous2246

Nov 26, 2022

---
It was obtained by misrepresentation