+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on student/visitor visa.

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018
Hello guys,

I need a advice. I have got an admit for the post graduate certificate program ( project management- 1 year) for Fall 2019 and my classes starts from 3rd Sept 2019. My sibling (younger brother) he is getting married in canada on July 7th. I am from India.

Scenario 1: Apply for student visa first and then if everything is approved, travel to Canada almost 2 months early for my brother marriage? Is this ok? Can i travel 2 months early?

Scenario 2: Apply for visitor visa first and then apply for student visa. This way any chances for visa rejection for student visa?

Scenario 3: Apply for visitor visa and then apply for student visa within Canada. Only problem is I have job here, so in case some issue with student visa.. Will be without job as well.

So can someone help me with which scenario I should go so that my chances are great for the visa which I would apply. Kindly advice. Thank you for your help!!

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Hello guys,

I need a advice. I have got an admit for the post graduate certificate program ( project management- 1 year) for Fall 2019 and my classes starts from 3rd Sept 2019. My sibling (younger brother) he is getting married in canada on July 7th. I am from India.

Scenario 1: Apply for student visa first and then if everything is approved, travel to Canada almost 2 months early for my brother marriage? Is this ok? Can i travel 2 months early?

Scenario 2: Apply for visitor visa first and then apply for student visa. This way any chances for visa rejection for student visa?

Scenario 3: Apply for visitor visa and then apply for student visa within Canada. Only problem is I have job here, so in case some issue with student visa.. Will be without job as well.

So can someone help me with which scenario I should go so that my chances are great for the visa which I would apply. Kindly advice. Thank you for your help!!
Scenario 3 - will not help. They might reject. It's safe to apply from homeland.

I would think twice - is the wedding so important in Ur life that you will sacrifice job . Study Visa issuance varies on many factors. Esp if you have relatives there .. they will suspect u won't return. That's my opinion though. What's Ur age ? Married ? With kids? Who will join us with Ur study ? What are job prospects in India ? The visa officer will look at these too.
If you go for wedding and apply from there... It shows u don't have intent to return.

Reactions: Deepster2303

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for your reply. My age is 33. I have a wife and daughter. But I am planning to apply for student visa alone only not with family. They will apply for visitor visa later, after my student visa is issued.
I am working as a IT manager in MNC. I was in UAE for last 7 years , just recently(4 months back) shifted back to Mumbai.

So out of scenario 1 and 2 what do u suggest?

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018
Scenario 3 - will not help. They might reject. It's safe to apply from homeland.

I would think twice - is the wedding so important in Ur life that you will sacrifice job . Study Visa issuance varies on many factors. Esp if you have relatives there .. they will suspect u won't return. That's my opinion though. What's Ur age ? Married ? With kids? Who will join us with Ur study ? What are job prospects in India ? The visa officer will look at these too.
If you go for wedding and apply from there... It shows u don't have intent to return.

Thanks for your reply. My age is 33. I have a wife and daughter. But I am planning to apply for student visa alone only not with family. They will apply for visitor visa later, after my student visa is issued.
I am working as a IT manager in MNC. I was in UAE for last 7 years , just recently(4 months back) shifted back to Mumbai.

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015

On a lighter note.... The chNceac vary on documents, Ur property or connection in India, etc.

I am also an AIPMM Certified product manager with 15 yrs work experience but single.. 38 yrs.

So my agent told me
1. Apply offline with strong documentation and good bank balance
2. Attach SOP. In that it should hint or talk clearly of ur plans to get back to India. And also on how this course will help us ( is it not available in India ? Now prove why it's unique or what will I learn from it that I wanna do it in Canada)

To be honest which ever mode u apply ... Becoz of married and already having brother... Visa officer will be judgemental.

Some people get it some don't... It's luck. How convincing and clean is ur application

Deepster2303

Nov 30, 2018
On a lighter note.... The chNceac vary on documents, Ur property or connection in India, etc.

I am also an AIPMM Certified product manager with 15 yrs work experience but single.. 38 yrs.

So my agent told me
1. Apply offline with strong documentation and good bank balance
2. Attach SOP. In that it should hint or talk clearly of ur plans to get back to India. And also on how this course will help us ( is it not available in India ? Now prove why it's unique or what will I learn from it that I wanna do it in Canada)

To be honest which ever mode u apply ... Becoz of married and already having brother... Visa officer will be judgemental.

Some people get it some don't... It's luck. How convincing and clean is ur application

Thank you good soul for your reply. I understood your points. I will ensure those things while applying...

graduate12

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018

I have a similar profile as yours. Which college you applied and when? I've also applied for project management but didnt hear from any college untill now.