+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on passport renewal issue

smasherx

Nov 8, 2021
Hi, I just accepted the offer from Conestoga college.

But my passport will be expired before I complete my study. Can anyone tell me if I should reapply for a newer passport or I have to renew it when I come to Canada?

Also, after I renew my passport, what is the correct procedure to get the visa onto my new passport?

Sorry, I am a bit new to this. Help me, Thanks in advance

Mek22

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi, I just accepted the offer from Conestoga college.

But my passport will be expired before I complete my study. Can anyone tell me if I should reapply for a newer passport or I have to renew it when I come to Canada?

Also, after I renew my passport, what is the correct procedure to get the visa onto my new passport?

Sorry, I am a bit new to this. Help me, Thanks in advance
Hi there! Since you have not applied to a study permit, yet! If the time remaining in your passport is less than 16 months then I would recommend receiving a new passport before applying to a study permit. Depending on the country but study permit approval might take longer these days. Expect delays anywhere on average 3-6 months. Your study permit will be issued to the duration of your passport if it is shorter than 4 years. Changing passport before applying to a study permit will make your life much easier and you will not go through the headache of extension of your study permit. You could also save time and money down the road! Good luck!

smasherx

Nov 8, 2021
Hi there! Since you have not applied to a study permit, yet! If the time remaining in your passport is less than 16 months then I would recommend receiving a new passport before applying to a study permit. Depending on the country but study permit approval might take longer these days. Expect delays anywhere on average 3-6 months. Your study permit will be issued to the duration of your passport if it is shorter than 4 years. Changing passport before applying to a study permit will make your life much easier and you will not go through the headache of extension of your study permit. You could also save time and money down the road! Good luck!

Oh dear, I am afraid that I already got the offer letter.