Need help on how to address visitor visa refusal

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Experts,

My parents' visitor visa was refused in May this year due to the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I'm currently applying for a Super visa and trying to address the above reasons for rejections, my parents back home only have one rental property, a small piece of land, and a condo apartment in which they are currently living in. They only receive retirement pensions and rent as their only source of income and my only sibling is also in Canada on WP. Hence, I'm wondering if these are strong 'enough' ties for me to be able to address the aforementioned reasons for rejection?

I also requested for GCMS notes in June but haven't received it yet, I emailed ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca to follow-up.

- Can we just show siblings of my parents as strong ties to go back to the home country?
- My father recently registered a small business, can that registration document be a strong tie, showing he can resume it once back in his home country?

PS: For the purpose of Super visa I am submitting documents showing strong finances $15K above my LICO cut-off, job letters, and $100k medical insurance with a $500 deductible.

Experts your insight is greatly appreciated..!!

@Naturgrl
@canuck78
@scylla
@CEC_1304

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Experts,

My parents' visitor visa was refused in May this year due to the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I'm currently applying for a Super visa and trying to address the above reasons for rejections, my parents back home only have one rental property, a small piece of land, and a condo apartment in which they are currently living in. They only receive retirement pensions and rent as their only source of income and my only sibling is also in Canada on WP. Hence, I'm wondering if these are strong 'enough' ties for me to be able to address the aforementioned reasons for rejection?

I also requested for GCMS notes in June but haven't received it yet, I emailed ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca to follow-up.

- Can we just show siblings of my parents as strong ties to go back to the home country?
- My father recently registered a small business, can that registration document be a strong tie, showing he can resume it once back in his home country?

PS: For the purpose of Super visa I am submitting documents showing strong finances $15K above my LICO cut-off, job letters, and $100k medical insurance with a $500 deductible.

Experts your insight is greatly appreciated..!!

@Naturgrl
@canuck78
@scylla
@CEC_1304
If your siblings are under 22, then they are a tie. If not, no. Your father can show that he has a small business. If it is only recently registered then that may raise some flags. He will want to show contracts/invoices of work with clients. And only a short visit because he would not be able to leave his business, particularly a new one, for too long. If applying for a supervisa then he is showing intent to stay long term so business becomes less of a tie.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If your siblings are under 22, then they are a tie. If not, no. Your father can show that he has a small business. If it is only recently registered then that may raise some flags. He will want to show contracts/invoices of work with clients. And only a short visit because he would not be able to leave his business, particularly a new one, for too long. If applying for a supervisa then he is showing intent to stay long term so business becomes less of a tie.
Thank you for responding.
Unfortunately, my sibling is above 22. So I think I only have two options in mind atm:

Option 1) Would it be ok if I remove my father's new business and only show his pension income on bank statements and property documents and go with that.

Option 2) I would only have to apply Super visa for my mother and show my father as a strong tie on that application and need to apply for a visitor visa or Super visa for him at a later point.