+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help on Damage Passport

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Greetings,

My passport is damaged by accidently with water. I want to renew it. This is my second passport and valid for 8 years. My question is, will I get same passport number or different? because when I renewed my passport 2 years back then, I got new passport number and they mentioned old passport number at last page of new passport.. I have to fill IELTS Exam so what should I do? Should I wait for another New Passport?

Secondly, If I get again New Passport Number then, Will they mention previous both Passport numbers on Third Passport or just the recent passport number?

Please share your knowledge about it.

Thanks in ADVANCE....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Greetings,

My passport is damaged by accidently with water. I want to renew it. This is my second passport and valid for 8 years. My question is, will I get same passport number or different? because when I renewed my passport 2 years back then, I got new passport number and they mentioned old passport number at last page of new passport.. I have to fill IELTS Exam so what should I do? Should I wait for another New Passport?

Secondly, If I get again New Passport Number then, Will they mention previous both Passport numbers on Third Passport or just the recent passport number?

Please share your knowledge about it.

Thanks in ADVANCE....
You haven't said which country you are from. However normally you get a new passport number when you renew or replace your passport.

Your question about whether they will mention previous passport number is very odd. I'm don't understand why that matters in any way at all.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
You haven't said which country you are from. However normally you get a new passport number when you renew or replace your passport.

Your question about whether they will mention previous passport number is very odd. I'm don't understand why that matters in any way at all.
I am from India..

I wanted to know about previous passport number because at current passport, they have mentioned my previous passport number at Last Page of passport. Just wanted to know, when they cancel the passport then, why they attach previous passport number? or, they just mention recent passport number or all passport numbers that we held in past?

Thanks for your valuable information...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from India..

I wanted to know about previous passport number because at current passport, they have mentioned my previous passport number at Last Page of passport. Just wanted to know, when they cancel the passport then, why they attach previous passport number? or, they just mention recent passport number or all passport numbers that we held in past?

Thanks for your valuable information...
I don't know why they attach previous passport numbers.

I have to say that I'm still really confused why you are so worried about your old passport numbers. Even if the previous passport numbers aren't listed in your new passport, your old passports can still be linked to you through computer systems. It's not like that history goes away.

If you are wondering whether IRCC will be able to link you to older passports, the answer is yes - even if they aren't listed in your new passport. If you have previous refusals attached to old passports, they must be declared. If you have IELTS results that used an old passport, those IELTS results can still be used.

Again, I'm still really confused why you are so worried about your old passports. If you explain that, we might be better able to answer your questions.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
I don't know why they attach previous passport numbers.

I have to say that I'm still really confused why you are so worried about your old passport numbers. Even if the previous passport numbers aren't listed in your new passport, your old passports can still be linked to you through computer systems. It's not like that history goes away.

If you are wondering whether IRCC will be able to link you to older passports, the answer is yes - even if they aren't listed in your new passport. If you have previous refusals attached to old passports, they must be declared. If you have IELTS results that used an old passport, those IELTS results can still be used.

Again, I'm still really confused why you are so worried about your old passports. If you explain that, we might be better able to answer your questions.
The Main reason behind is IELTS , i was confused that if i give IELTS with current passport then it will be accepted or not. How IRCC will deal it. As my IELTS certificate will show different passport number...