+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help of Experts

abdeich

Jan 8, 2019
I am new to this website and I have registered for the sole reason of getting an experienced advice.

I have applied for the TRV visitor visa to Canada on July 27th, 2018, and received a refusal on October 13th, 2018. The refusal reasons:
- travel history
- purpose of travel

I do not have a rich travel history, I have only been to Turkey, Georgia and Bulgaria. Also, I have indicated that I am travelling to Canada in order to improve my English skills and I submitted the confirmation letter from McGill (registered on 6 week intensive English language program) along with my application. I have also shown that I work for 2 years in an international company and submitted a job certificate (with my salary, dates of travel, purpose of travel, words saying that my boss allows me to take a job leave, and my job responsibilities). I have also submitted the bank certificate stating that I have 10,000 USD on my account (but I have not submitted the statement for the past 4 months). Other documents included were: insurance, flight tickets.

After my first refusal, I have applied for the second time, this time submitting the pay slip of my mother (my dad is not working), cover letter, where I mentioned the purpose of my travel, invitation letter from my girlfriend’s mother in Canada who allowed me to stay at her house, and again bank certificate but without bank statement for the past 4 months. All the other documents (McGill admission letter, insurance, flights tickets) were updated and also submitted. I have, nevertheless, received another refusal on December 17th, 2018.

The reasons were:
travel history (again)
family ties in Canada and country of residence
And financial funds

I am planning to reapply again in March, however, this time I am planning to show both Schengen and US visas (I will get them by March), and I will also submit the proper bank statement for the past 4 months (I will have 8,000 USD on my account by the time of submission due to travel plans).

I have a girlfriend who studies in Canada, and I have not seen her for the past 6 months. Her mother wrote the invitation letter for me but indicated herself as my friend. I have not written in my application that my girlfriend studies in Canada. I wanted to take the English courses for the duration of 6 weeks, which would help me in my future career (I work in an international company), and at the same time I would have been able to see my other half. I have my family and job here, and I know my girlfriend will come back to me upon the end of her studies, but I want to see her before that time, since I know she is unable to travel in the nearest future. Should I have indicated this all in the cover letter of mine?

Thank you, once again for your time and patience, and I would greatly appreciate your help,
Best Regards,
Teymur

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
A 6 week English course isn’t a particularly good reason to come to Canada. In addition, the Schengen and US visas will be of little use if you haven’t actually travelled to those locations and established a pattern of compliance. IMO, you need to wait to reapply until you have done some more travel to a visa required country(s) and establish a much better reason to come to Canada, other than a 6 week course. Two rejected applications and a third shortly after shows a certain amount of desperation and indicated alternate reasons to enter canada.

abdeich

Jan 8, 2019
A 6 week English course isn’t a particularly good reason to come to Canada. In addition, the Schengen and US visas will be of little use if you haven’t actually travelled to those locations and established a pattern of compliance. IMO, you need to wait to reapply until you have done some more travel to a visa required country(s) and establish a much better reason to come to Canada, other than a 6 week course. Two rejected applications and a third shortly after shows a certain amount of desperation and indicated alternate reasons to enter canada.
Thank you very much for your reply. I have not mentioned in my application for the visa, but my eagerness to get my visa is because of my girlfriend who studies there and whom I really want to see in the nearest future. I wanted to take the courses and at the same time see her during these 6 weeks. I have not mentioned my girlfriend in my application should I have? And she is the primary reason why I wanted to travel and take the English courses.

ps I am planning to travel to both Schengen area and the US.

abdeich

Jan 8, 2019
My girlfriend’s birthday (she has study permit in Canada) is in June, can I apply before her birthday and state that my reason for the trip is her birthday? She wants to travel to Niagara Falls, Toronto and the US with me on her birthday and we will show hotel reservations.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your reply. I have not mentioned in my application for the visa, but my eagerness to get my visa is because of my girlfriend who studies there and whom I really want to see in the nearest future. I wanted to take the courses and at the same time see her during these 6 weeks. I have not mentioned my girlfriend in my application should I have? And she is the primary reason why I wanted to travel and take the English courses.

ps I am planning to travel to both Schengen area and the US.
Even if you never mentioned it, pretty sure they have a good idea based on her mother’s invitation letter. They’re not clueless. Airplane tickets are also not convincing proof of return.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdeich

abdeich

Jan 8, 2019
Even if you never mentioned it, pretty sure they have a good idea based on her mother’s invitation letter. They’re not clueless. Airplane tickets are also not convincing proof of return.
But what is a convincing proof? She has a birthday in June and I plan to visit her, I can give a proof of property ownership at my home country. I am working full time at an international company and my employer can write a letter stating my vacation dates and when I am expected to return to work. I can show my mother’s, father’s, brother’s and sister’s birth certificates to prove that they are my family and that they leave back home, and I cannot leave them just like that. I can’t think of any better proof tbh...

If my girlfriend who has study permit in Canada shows her bank statement with sufficient funds, and acts as my sponsor inviting me on her birthday, will that help?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If my girlfriend who has study permit in Canada shows her bank statement with sufficient funds, and acts as my sponsor inviting me on her birthday, will that help?
Not really. Her finances are secondary and the TRV application will be judged on your finances. The fact she is a temporary resident adds little support you won’t overstay.

Just curious about her mother’s status in Canada. Is she a PR or citizen?

abdeich

Jan 8, 2019
Not really. Her finances are secondary and the TRV application will be judged on your finances. The fact she is a temporary resident adds little support you won’t overstay.

Just curious about her mother’s status in Canada. Is she a PR or citizen?
Her mother has applied for her PR and is waiting for it.

I have my aunt in Montreal who lives there for more than 10 years and who is an established citizen, maybe she shall write the invitation letter?

Otherwise, I can sponsor myself, and I thought that booking the hotel by myself and not submitting the invitation letter would be okay, since I am only going for 10 days and I have sufficient funds to cover my stay (we won't remain only in Montreal, but plan to go to Niagara and the US as well).

I am correct, or?