March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Hello everyone,
we recently got the ITA in the last draw so we are in process of filling the forms to submit our application to cic

I got married last year and my passport carries my maiden name (I didnt get it changed from the passport office to my married name)

I was blessed with a baby boy this march and on his birth certificate, my name is with my married name

Now, in personal information section, there is a section which asks if you ever used any other name. So Should I mention my married name as other name in that section.

If yes, How do I go by explaining this further.

I have applied for a name change affidavit and advertising in 2 newspapers that I am changing my name to my married name but I dont think I have enough time to change it on my passport yet because I have to submit this application within 90 days

Please help if anyone can guide me with some response

Thanks again

manali_pandit

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-09-2016 (Upfront)
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
29-04-2017 (Upfront)
Hello everyone,
we recently got the ITA in the last draw so we are in process of filling the forms to submit our application to cic

I got married last year and my passport carries my maiden name (I didnt get it changed from the passport office to my married name)

I was blessed with a baby boy this march and on his birth certificate, my name is with my married name

Now, in personal information section, there is a section which asks if you ever used any other name. So Should I mention my married name as other name in that section.

If yes, How do I go by explaining this further.

I have applied for a name change affidavit and advertising in 2 newspapers that I am changing my name to my married name but I dont think I have enough time to change it on my passport yet because I have to submit this application within 90 days

Please help if anyone can guide me with some response

Thanks again
I think 90 days are more than enough for you to add a name in passport. I believe that you are from India and you already have a valid passport and just need to change your name in it; so this will be a passport renewal process which is done in 2-3 weeks max. Even I got my passport renewed (added my husband's name in the passport) in these 90 days frame. Got the new passport in 1 week. So no worries. Get it done ASAP... and congratulations on receiving ITA!!