+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help, my SP was refused though i showed sufficient proof of funds

Fhbas

Nov 3, 2021
Hi and good day,

My background:

- 37 y.o. Indonesian apply from Indonesia
- married with 2 kids : applied SOWP and visitor visa for the kids
- did bachelors from Indonesia (Bina Nusantara University) and Australia (Curtin University), was a double degree program, studied 4 years and received 2 degrees
- almost 15 yrs working in a bank (9 years of it being a branch manager)
- admitted to U of Windsor, Master of Management for May 2022 intake (total tuition fee for 2 years os around CAD 41,000)
Already mentioned in my SOP that I would like to upskill my knowledge for better career prospect, as most C level execs or directors in financial institutions in my country requires Masters / MBA degree
- showed around CAD 80,000 in bank statement (mostly in Fixed Deposit / Time Deposit) and CAD 15,000 pension fund
- showed 4 property deeds around CAD 200,000 under wife's name and a vehicle under my name

Timeline :
- Oct 4 submit SP
- Oct 5 biometrics
- did medical upfront, updated in Oct 12
- Oct 27 review of eligibility
- Nov 3 refusal

Refusal reason:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I need help on building a stronger case to reapply and what to do next, any inputs will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Purpose of visit: this can mean anything, it might be because you've been away from school for some time and applying with your entire family.

Financial status: have you paid at least a semester worth of tuition? Bank statements for the last 4 months with sufficient funds are the strongest proof, as compared to deposits, property, vehicles.

I would suggest you to order GCMS notes to know the exact reasons, you still have a lot of time before may 2022.

Fhbas

Nov 3, 2021
Purpose of visit: this can mean anything, it might be because you've been away from school for some time and applying with your entire family.

Financial status: have you paid at least a semester worth of tuition? Bank statements for the last 4 months with sufficient funds are the strongest proof, as compared to deposits, property, vehicles.

I would suggest you to order GCMS notes to know the exact reasons, you still have a lot of time before may 2022.
So, you suggesting applying alone? How if my family apply afterwards after say, I've been in Canada for a couple of months or 1 semester?

I've paid as required by the uni, which is deposit of CAD 4,000.

Thanks, your reply is greatly appreciated.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
So, you suggesting applying alone? How if my family apply afterwards after say, I've been in Canada for a couple of months or 1 semester?

Yes, applying alone at first and then applying for your family after you're approved is still a working 'loophole'. Can't be sure if this is the reason you were refused until you order GCMS.

A deposit payment is still better than nothing, but it's always recommended to at least pay a semester of tuition to show that you're indeed capable to pay for your studies.

Ps, I'm also from Indonesia and I know that refusals for SPs, WPs and TRVs are rare in IRCC Jakarta. So your case is a bit special.

Reactions: Vicksy

Fhbas

Nov 3, 2021
Yes, applying alone at first and then applying for your family after you're approved is still a working 'loophole'. Can't be sure if this is the reason you were refused until you order GCMS.

A deposit payment is still better than nothing, but it's always recommended to at least pay a semester of tuition to show that you're indeed capable to pay for your studies.

Ps, I'm also from Indonesia and I know that refusals for SPs, WPs and TRVs are rare in IRCC Jakarta. So your case is a bit special.
One more thing, there are so many websites offering GCMS Notes request, do you happen to know any reliable one?

It is always nice to be acquainted with fellow Indonesian in this kind of forum.
Noted, terima kasih!

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
One more thing, there are so many websites offering GCMS Notes request, do you happen to know any reliable one?

It is always nice to be acquainted with fellow Indonesian in this kind of forum.
Noted, terima kasih!
Gcmsnotes.com
Getgcms.com
Pantang menyerah! :)

Reactions: Fhbas

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Keep in mind that if you go the route of applying alone with the plan to bring your wife and children later, there is never a guarantee their visas will be approved.

In terms of the refusal reasons, agreed that the "purpose of visit" refusal reason can mean many different things and you may be best ordering GCMS notes to see the details.

For your available funds, IRCC is probably assessing this based on what it will cost for two years of study in Canada and your expenses. Your tuition is $41K. IRCC then expects you to have $20K for each year to cover living expenses for the size of the family you have. That will eat up your entire savings without considering travel expenses. That may be their concern. You should be able to see more details through GCMS notes.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Hi and good day,

My background:

- did bachelors from Indonesia (Bina Nusantara University) and Australia (Curtin University), was a double degree program, studied 4 years and received 2 degrees
- admitted to U of Windsor, Master of Management for May 2022 intake (total tuition fee for 2 years os around CAD 41,000)
Already mentioned in my SOP that I would like to upskill my knowledge for better career prospect, as most C level execs or directors in financial institutions in my country requires Masters / MBA degree
- showed around CAD 80,000 in bank statement (mostly in Fixed Deposit / Time Deposit) and CAD 15,000 pension fund
- showed 4 property deeds around CAD 200,000 under wife's name and a vehicle under my name

Timeline :
- Oct 4 submit SP
- Oct 5 biometrics
- Nov 3 refusal

Refusal reason:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I need help on building a stronger case to reapply and what to do next, any inputs will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Withdraw your fixed deposit. None of the proof of funds that you show are actually funds that you can use to pay for your tuition and living expenses. You can't use property deeds to pay for food or tuition fees for example. Pension fund is only redeemable when you retire. Fixed deposit is well... fixed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi and good day,

My background:

Timeline :
- Oct 4 submit SP
- Oct 5 biometrics
- Nov 3 refusal

Refusal reason:

Agree that the fact that a good portion of your funds are in fixed deposits is likely an issue. Even if it was liquid you are quite close to using all your funds to study in Canada with your family. Given that you have a family and will be exhausting almost all your savings it doesn’t make a lot of sense to study abroad to progress in your career in your home country. There are similar programs in Indonesia and the cost is likely much less and you may be able to study part-time while working. Does your spouse work full-time? There is more scrutiny if the primary breadwinner wants to return to school.

Fhbas

Nov 3, 2021
Agree that the fact that a good portion of your funds are in fixed deposits is likely an issue. Even if it was liquid you are quite close to using all your funds to study in Canada with your family. Given that you have a family and will be exhausting almost all your savings it doesn’t make a lot of sense to study abroad to progress in your career in your home country. There are similar programs in Indonesia and the cost is likely much less and you may be able to study part-time while working. Does your spouse work full-time? There is more scrutiny if the primary breadwinner wants to return to school.
I am applying for Master of Management, particularly in International Accounting and Finance.
There is not much uni offering International Accounting program in Indonesia and I have clearly stated in the SOP that this is for career progression as most C-levels or directors I know working in financial institution in Indonesia has Masters degree from university abroad, particularly from North America.
Or, do you suggest change of program?
My spouse is working full time as well.
Thanks for your reply, greatly appreciate it.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I am applying for Master of Management, particularly in International Accounting and Finance.
There is not much uni offering International Accounting program in Indonesia and I have clearly stated in the SOP that this is for career progression as most C-levels or directors I know working in financial institution in Indonesia has Masters degree from university abroad, particularly from North America.
Or, do you suggest change of program?
My spouse is working full time as well.
Thanks for your reply, greatly appreciate it.
Did you show proof of anything that you had stated in your SOP.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
How do I show proof of it?
By attaching LinkedIn profile of people maybe?
I just wrote it from my personal experience.
Anyone can write anything from personal experience. You can even say you're the son of the prime minister of your country! The point is, if you state something in your SOP which is baseless, it is as good as not writing it.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Withdraw your fixed deposit. None of the proof of funds that you show are actually funds that you can use to pay for your tuition and living expenses. You can't use property deeds to pay for food or tuition fees for example. Pension fund is only redeemable when you retire. Fixed deposit is well... fixed.
Disagree. Many applicants have successfully shown fixed deposits as source of expenses. As long as it's free of lien and individually held, FD can be redeemed. The applicant has $85k which should be enough to cover his tuition and his living expenses alone. He can still be given his sp without his dependents being approved if the officer feels there aren't enough funds to support a family.
Only the notes can reveal the exact reason for refusal. No point in justifying the refusal with unsubstantiated reasoning

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
How do I show proof of it?
By attaching LinkedIn profile of people maybe?
I just wrote it from my personal experience.
You could perhaps append links to articles/studies published in online journals which support your pov. There are business articles which delve into career choices and progression.
Think about how you could persuade a stranger about your line of reasoning assuming that the person has no prior knowledge in your field. How would you go about it?