+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP - Language Proof !!!!

visaquery2021

Jun 26, 2021
Dear Members,

I am in Canada from last 5 years as a PR, got dependent PR as my husband was primary applicant.

I completed my 10th, 12th, Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in English Medium, all of them from India. I have all the transcripts and degree certificates, and they are all written in English Language. However, none of it explicitly states as medium of study as English.

My question is - does attaching all the transcripts and degree certificates will be enough or not ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dear Members,

I am in Canada from last 5 years as a PR, got dependent PR as my husband was primary applicant.

I completed my 10th, 12th, Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in English Medium, all of them from India. I have all the transcripts and degree certificates, and they are all written in English Language. However, none of it explicitly states as medium of study as English.

My question is - does attaching all the transcripts and degree certificates will be enough or not ?
Your degree and transcripts might be enough to prove language skills.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html

Did you or do you attend a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French?
The program can be in or outside Canada.

If you did, send a copy of proof that you completed or are attending a program with your application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
Your proof must be in English or French. If it’s in another language, you must also send a certified English or French translation. The translation should show that the language of instruction of the program was English or French

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Dear Members,

I dont know if they accept just with transcripts since transcripts dont say the medium of instruction except that its printed in english. So people used to get the letter/certificate for the medium of instruction from the school board or university.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Dear Members,

Get a letter from your institute stating the medium of construction of your studies was in English.

Strictly follow IRCC language requirements in order to avoid any issue in future.

Reactions: harirajmohan