+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP.. KINDLY HELP

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to send to my application coming week. So, wanted to ask that can we include any expired IELTS/CELPIP certificate or does it have to be one which I provided during my PR application.Reason i am asking that because i lost the original and cant find the copy as well :(:(

Since i took ielts / celpip several times, i have original and copy of both CELPIP and IELTS which i did not use for my PR application. Can i use that one?

Thanks in advance.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am planning to send to my application coming week. So, wanted to ask that can we include any expired IELTS/CELPIP certificate or does it have to be one which I provided during my PR application.Reason i am asking that because i lost the original and cant find the copy as well :(:(

Since i took ielts / celpip several times, i have original and copy of both CELPIP and IELTS which i did not use for my PR application. Can i use that one?

Thanks in advance.
Bro,
When I was preparing my application I had the exact same question and the answer was no, you can't use any expired IELTS/CELPIP, it must be the one you submitted with the PR application (not any expired one) which is mentioned here as well:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html

if you search the forum, you will find people who's applications got returned because of not following the rule. Please search more in this fantastic forum.

All the best

~A

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Bro,
When I was preparing my application I had the exact same question and the answer was no, you can't use any expired IELTS/CELPIP, it must be the one you submitted with the PR application (not any expired one) which is mentioned here as well:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html

if you search the forum, you will find people who's applications got returned because of not following the rule. Please search more in this fantastic forum.

All the best

~A
Thank you for the reply. So, what are my options now?

I actually studied in Canada as well. Can i attached the transcripts?

Last edited:

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi Bro,

at the top of the page it reads:

Did you submit language test results with your immigration application?.

"The immigration application" is the PR application.
All the best.
~A

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017

Hi bro,

So you CAN'T submit any expired IELTS/CELPIP if it's NOT the one you submitted to your PR application.

Your options could be:
1. Retake your IELTS General one and submit the new one.
2. If you studied in Canada, please submit your transcript from the school, that's counted as well.

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi Bro,

at the top of the page it reads:

Did you submit language test results with your immigration application?.

"The immigration application" is the PR application.
All the best.
~A
Got it.. I managed to find a copy of the scores which i submitted during my PR. Although, it's little blurry

Would that work?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got it.. I managed to find a copy of the scores which i submitted during my PR. Although, it's little blurry

Would that work?
Sorry Bro, it is hard to judge. And if the document is not accepted, the file will be returned which means you will lose months. If I were you I would test again. But it is up to you.

All the best.
~A

Last edited:

izz83

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Just submit both the IELTS result and the transcripts. And I would also recommend just make a call to CIC and confirm if you can submit any prevous IELTS document.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
As far as I know, you can use expired IELTS (must be general Training).

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Where and with whom was the test taken? According to IRCC you can contact them if lost, and they may be able to get it for you at a cost I imagine, less than another test!

If you lost or need a copy of your results, contact the test provider. Don’t contact us.