+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help in Visitor Visa application applied for my father

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
Hello All,

I applied for Visitor visa for my father as I am on a WP valid till June 2022. I got passport request in March which I submitted the same in VFS Canada Pune India location. I got approval message on my IRCC account for the visa application but have 2 questions.

1. The approval message says the Counterfoil document has expiry date as 8th Sep 2020 with all travel restriction this does not makes sense my father's passport has validity till 2029.
2. When can I expect to get the passport back after stamping as I haven't heard back from VFS and tracking both.

Please help on this.

Regards
Niraj

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
Yes we got his passport back 20 days back. Visa was stamped till Sep 2020. Since case was closed i am left with no option to apply for a new one

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
It can be any length. If there are any concerns CIC limits the amount of time on the visa as a sort of trial period.
No that was not the case with me. As I was the sponsor for my father's travel I submitted my work Permit which was valid till June 2020 so I believe I got the visa accordingly. I have got my work permit renewed so applied for new visa application with renewed work permit so hopefully I get the visa for an extended length this time.