Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I will land on Ontario on 07-Sep. It will be my first landing. my POF was 20,000 CAD. I know I am allowed to take 10,000 CAD but what should I do with remaining 10,000? I am supposed to show them all the money I declared in my PR as a POF right?
My bank here in Pakistan says that they can not give BankDrafts, Traveler Check, and other options. I can only have Check of my own account.

Can I do something like 10K as cash and for remaining 10K as a check with latest Bank Statement showing 10k?

Kindly advise any senior and experienced, @legalfalcon please advise.

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,

I will land on Ontario on 07-Sep. It will be my first landing. my POF was 20,000 CAD. I know I am allowed to take 10,000 CAD but what should I do with remaining 10,000? I am supposed to show them all the money I declared in my PR as a POF right?
My bank here in Pakistan says that they can not give BankDrafts, Traveler Check, and other options. I can only have Check of my own account.

Can I do something like 10K as cash and for remaining 10K as a check with latest Bank Statement showing 10k?

Kindly advise any senior and experienced, @legalfalcon please advise.

Thanks
You are confused between PoF(which was required at the time of PR application processing) Vs Settlement Funds(which you can bring to the country).
You can bring any amount you want. But if you are bringing over and above CAD 10K, you have declare this amount in the https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf (it will be provided to you by the airlines)
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/how-do-i-bring-money-into-canada-proof-of-funds/

I suggest (if it is feasible) bring a minimum amount in cash.. open a bank account here, and wire transfer your funds from back home to your Canadian bank account. You will not be taxed for the wire transfer.

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
In the settlememt.org it is clearly written Proof of Funds money. Thanks for your answer. I am thinking of taking 10k as cash, and for remaining amount I will keep my check book with me and the latest bank statement showing amount available. Also, a letter from bank that shows the bank draft or traveler checks will not be created because of so and so policy or rule.. I will wait for more people to reply and share their experience.

Thanks

M_Ali_shahper

Apr 24, 2017
In the settlememt.org it is clearly written Proof of Funds money. Thanks for your answer. I am thinking of taking 10k as cash, and for remaining amount I will keep my check book with me and the latest bank statement showing amount available. Also, a letter from bank that shows the bank draft or traveler checks will not be created because of so and so policy or rule.. I will wait for more people to reply and share their experience.

Thanks

Hi,

I am in same situtation. I contacted Dollar East https://dollareast.com/ blue area islamabad, then they said they can issue a "Demand Draft" in my name in CAD $. They would charge some fee like 2K-3K PKR .. I am ok with this.

So would this work ?? I am thinking to get a Demand Draft via DollarEast (around 8K CAD $) and I would bring 5K USD cash with me.

@legalfalcon , Please advise ...

Thanks