+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help in my citizenship application

saly

Aug 16, 2010
I applied my citizenship application on 13 of AUG 2011 by my lawyer ,till now i did not get any thing from Canada immigration ,my lawyer send an updated copy on 4 of MAY 2012 and till now nothing too , even i can not check online .any help from you to make me understand.

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
That's a long enough time. You should be able to see online or call CIC. I smell something fishy. Check if your lawyer is a valid licensed immigration lawyer or not. A few of them are under fraud immigration crackdown. May be he never mailed it.

In fact, you don't need a lawyer to file a citizenship application. There is nothing complicated about it. The rules and procedures are straightforward. Most people who use a lawyer to file a citizenship application are those who are try to manipulate residency requirements. Under current development, your file will be under microscope especially if the lawyer is under investigation.

saly

Aug 16, 2010
pls help what u will advise me to do ,resend the application ,not through my lawyer this time or what?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saly said:
pls help what u will advise me to do ,resend the application ,not through my lawyer this time or what?
No you should not do this, as you may have an application already in process there. Contact the cic call center now and verify with them. If they have anything on system about your case being received but not updated yet, they will let you know.

By the way, what verification number did you use to check the online status ?

Try all of the following ones:

Client ID number on the front of your PR card. Or at the top right side of your "COPR".

Receipt number of your citizenship fees.

Conformation of permanent residence number which can be found on both your "COPR" at the top right side under "Doc number", Or on your PR visa under "DOC number" as well.

PR card number which can be found at the top of the back of your PR card "starts with letters".

Don't forget to enter your other information accurately.

The last point here, I know some people who got their acknowledgment of receipt letter along with the study booklet after 3 months, and others after 1 month only. Therefore, you better check with the call center first, as they can tell you if there is any information on system about your case.

Good luck.