+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in filling Education history section of EE (Diploma + Lateral Entry Degree)

tanishq005

Aug 17, 2020
Hi,

I am trying to create an express entry profile and I already have both WES and IELTS result.
I have completed 3 years polytechnic Diploma and then 3 Years B.Tech (Lateral Entry). My WES evaluation says "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)".
Questions:
1. While filling both of the educations (Diploma + Degree), do I have to input overall WES result or individual result in the last question - one for Diploma and one for degree ?
2. In "Complete/full academic years ?" question, should I fill number of years I studied in college or number of years written in WES. Ex- I completed diploma in 3 years but My WES says "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" ?

Thanks in advance.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
1. While filling both of the educations (Diploma + Degree), do I have to input overall WES result or individual result in the last question - one for Diploma and one for degree ?

You can add your educational details course by course providing the level of education (Canadian Equivalent) as stated by WES and provide the ECA certificate number

2. In "Complete/full academic years ?" question, should I fill number of years I studied in college or number of years written in WES. Ex- I completed diploma in 3 years but My WES says "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" ?

If you completed diploma in 3 years at the university from your country then it's 3 and not the Canadian equivalent provided by the WES

Hope this helps

tanishq005

Aug 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, I should not fill "Two or More Certificates, diploma or degree" in both of the course and only fill individual assessment of those respective courses ?

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,

I am trying to create an express entry profile and I already have both WES and IELTS result.
I have completed 3 years polytechnic Diploma and then 3 Years B.Tech (Lateral Entry). My WES evaluation says "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)".
Questions:

Thanks in advance.
Hi , What did you finally fill for this. I am in the same situation

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
You have to input individual result as stated in WES. Overall will be computed automatically as 2 or more.
Thanks for the response. what did you fill for 2nd question?
" In "Complete/full academic years ?" question, should I fill number of years I studied in college or number of years written in WES. Ex- I completed diploma in 3 years but My WES says "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" ?"

I did my diploma from 2006-2009 (3 years) , B.E (2009-2012 lateral). but my WES report says 2 years for diploma and 4 years for engineering.

tanishq005

Aug 17, 2020
I have filled the actual academic years, 3 for Diploma and 3 for Degree.
Thanks for the response. what did you fill for 2nd question?
" In "Complete/full academic years ?" question, should I fill number of years I studied in college or number of years written in WES. Ex- I completed diploma in 3 years but My WES says "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" ?"

I did my diploma from 2006-2009 (3 years) , B.E (2009-2012 lateral). but my WES report says 2 years for diploma and 4 years for engineering.