+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help in applying for spouse's application

alkom

Mar 19, 2013
I am from India & currently on a work permit(LMO) and I am applying for PR under CEC this month. I am planning to get married next year(sometime after August, 2014 ). I am not sure how to add my fiancé to the application.
Should I do court marriage in India may be in December, 2013 and add her to my application or should I wait for my PR and then get married and then sponsor her. I know sponsorship takes about 10 months and its hard to get a VISA or an open work permit.

Can any one please shed some light how to proceed. I am really worried and do not want to mess things up?

Regards,
Alkom

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
You may want to try the OPEN WORK PERMIT based on the spouse's work permit. You can process both PR and the OWP at the same time. Make sure to have her do it online as it is a lot faster.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PlasmodiumVivax said:
You may want to try the OPEN WORK PERMIT based on the spouse's work permit. You can process both PR and the OWP at the same time. Make sure to have her do it online as it is a lot faster.
They aren't married and they aren't common/law so no SOWP. He can't add his spouse to the application until they are married.

alkom

Mar 19, 2013
alkom said:
I am from India & currently on a work permit(LMO) and I am applying for PR under CEC this month. I am planning to get married next year(sometime after August, 2014 ). I am not sure how to add my fiancé to the application.
Should I do court marriage in India may be in December, 2013 and add her to my application or should I wait for my PR and then get married and then sponsor her. I know sponsorship takes about 10 months and its hard to get a VISA or an open work permit.

Can any one please shed some light how to proceed. I am really worried and do not want to mess things up?

Regards,
Alkom

That is what my main concern is can I just add my spouse after court marriage or do I have to do a marriage with all the rituals??
I am planning to get married with all the rituals and stuff in Nov, 2014 and plan to do a court marriage in Dec, 2013..

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
@PMM sorry I didn't make it clear. Since he was about to marry her I thought that was a given to apply affter they are married.

@alkom: court marriage is fine. I am currently applying for spousal open work permit and we were just married thru a lawyer.

alkom

Mar 19, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

They aren't married and they aren't common/law so no SOWP. He can't add his spouse to the application until they are married.
Do you have any thoughts on my situation. Can I just do a court marriage and add my my girl friend to spousal application or do I need to get married with full rituals

Stockton1129

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
SOWP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/7/2013
Med's Request
24/09/2013
Med's Done....
02/10/2013
alkom said:
Do you have any thoughts on my situation. Can I just do a court marriage and add my my girl friend to spousal application or do I need to get married with full rituals
court marriage is fine.... :)