11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
eggsterminate said:
Have you ever been abused in your life? Or are you a licensed psychologist? Do you know anything about what a battered woman goes through?
Please be more sensitive and refrain from blaming anyone. Your words may be on the internet, but they could have life-altering impact on people.
I'm stating my opinion just like you did, unless we are in Iran.
But i can tell you that i saved a womans life by being tough and telling her the truth because she went through the same abuse, and guess what? She's leading a happy life.

I have a mother and a sister and i would never agree to see them suffer like this, therefore i have the same feeling about any other woman.
My blaming is for not acting, especially in a free secure country like Canada.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
@taxed .... you should have worded your post better , it does come across as victim blaming and makes you sound like a tool , i also understand what you meant by it , she needs to break the cycle by going to the police , she needs to not allow this to keep happening to her , if she does nothing then yes she is part of the problem why so many women get abused , i am in no way blaming her , ... she needs to just go , ..get out of that relationship , its poison m , if not , we will likely read about the outcome in the paper .
be strong divinity and take control .
good luck

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taxed said:
But i can tell you that i saved a womans life by being tough and telling her the truth because she went through the same abuse, and guess what? She's leading a happy life.

I have a mother and a sister and i would never agree to see them suffer like this, therefore i have the same feeling about any other woman.
That's the difference. Unless you are a woman with kids undergoing abuse, you really cannot claim that you have walked in her shoes or even imagine what this lady is going through.
Your thoughts come from a good place but the way you have phrased them, as kiwiblair has mentioned, is extremely insensitive and traumatising to abuse vistims. You clearly don't have any training or experience handling people with issues. Please train yourself before saying stuff in future.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I remembered this topic when I read today's news.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/government_of_canadaeliminatesconditionalpermanentresidenceforsp.html

Samba010

Dec 24, 2016
The good news is the government just eliminated conditional permanent resident for spouses today . So now you are as free as him. But still endeavour to get his ass locked up

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
Hi all,
I am not sure if this appropriate here, but i also have an abusive husband and iI am just going to start my process (Awaiting to rewrite my IELTS. MY current CRS is 367). I am married, and as don't have plans of taking my husband along, I have calculated points only for me.

The reason I am writing is that my husband and me are not divorced or legally separated. Anyways we stay separately, we have a 3 yr old son who stays with me. Ours is a broken marriage and I cannot stay with me, so now staying with my parents.
So is it possible for me to apply by avoiding him, I don't know if we have to be separated or divorced for a married woman to apply for EE as spouse unaccompanied. I spoke to two consultancies and they are saying that I have to include his details also., show POF for 3 members, ( but that's not possible, our families also decided that we can't together hereafter.but no legal formalities has been done. )

Thanks in Advance for prompt reply.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Rise and shine said:
Hi all,
I am not sure if this appropriate here, but i also have an abusive husband and iI am just going to start my process (Awaiting to rewrite my IELTS. MY current CRS is 367). I am married, and as don't have plans of taking my husband along, I have calculated points only for me.

The reason I am writing is that my husband and me are not divorced or legally separated. Anyways we stay separately, we have a 3 yr old son who stays with me. Ours is a broken marriage and I cannot stay with me, so now staying with my parents.
So is it possible for me to apply by avoiding him, I don't know if we have to be separated or divorced for a married woman to apply for EE as spouse unaccompanied. I spoke to two consultancies and they are saying that I have to include his details also., show POF for 3 members, ( but that's not possible, our families also decided that we can't together hereafter.but no legal formalities has been done. )

Thanks in Advance for prompt reply.
You will have to be either legally separated or divorced if you do not want to include your husband. You will also need either his permission or a court order to remove your child from your home country to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rise and shine said:

Hi

As the marriage has ended and you live apart, you are considered legally separated. If you exclude him from the app, IRCC will most likely request proof that you are divorcing, so you should file for divorce as soon as possible. You will need the father's permission or full legal custody from the courts to bring your child to Canada.

I suggest you move over to the EE section of the forum for future posts. This thread isn't applicable to your situation.

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

As the marriage has ended and you live apart, you are considered legally separated. If you exclude him from the app, IRCC will most likely request proof that you are divorcing, so you should file for divorce as soon as possible. You will need the father's permission or full legal custody from the courts to bring your child to Canada.

I suggest you move over to the EE section of the forum for future posts. This thread isn't applicable to your situation.
Thank you for the info. I will collect more details from other threads in the forum. Anyways I believe that I have to start thinking about the legal formalities now.

scrivener

Sep 13, 2016
Hello!

Great news!

Condition 51 was abolished on Friday.

You do not need to worry anymore :)

According to CIC website: Effective today, conditional permanent residence no longer applies to anyone, whether:

you were sponsored by your spouse or partner for permanent residence, or
you were sponsored by someone who had conditional permanent residence (i.e. child or parent).
You don’t need to do anything. We just want you to know.

If you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence on or after April 18, 2017 and it indicates that you “must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor or partner for a continuous period of 2 years after the day on which you became a PR”, this requirement no longer applies to you.

If you were under investigation for not complying with the requirement to live with your spouse or partner, you are no longer under investigation.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

Even if your intentions were good, your words were harsh and insensitive.

Rule of thumb: never ever tell an abuse victim it's their fault for staying with their abuser.

Tough talking like yours does more harm than good. It makes victims wary about sharing their plight.
So please keep that in mind the next time you're "helping" a victim of domestic abuse.

Thank you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Even if your intentions were good, your words were harsh and insensitive.

Rule of thumb: never ever tell an abuse victim it's their fault for staying with their abuser.

Tough talking like yours does more harm than good. It makes victims wary about sharing their plight.
So please keep that in mind the next time you're "helping" a victim of domestic abuse.

Thank you.
You realize that you are responding to a comment that's 8 months old?